Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does your LO hate sposies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1350999)

momEmac 02-09-2012 07:08 PM

Does your LO hate sposies?

DS has been in cloth since two weeks old. He is now ten weeks old. We are on a mini vacation and we used cloth the first three days, but I don't have enough to go the whole week. I thought I might do diaper laundry today, but decided to use the sposie backups (I had some from an open package that I wanted to use up) I brought today and I have just enough clean diapers for us to go overnight and till we get home tomorrow. Well, every time DS pees his diaper he fusses! Even if it's just a dribble! I have changed his diaper at least once every hour! We've gone through 12 diapers in 11 hours!!! When he is in cloth I change every 1 1/2 to 2 hours! And he perfectly content, regardless of if it's a prefold or pocket.
So how does your LO react in sposies? Do they seem affected by them? I'm curious! I never expected my son to care, but he is obviously more comfortable in cloth!

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Please excuse mi

mamIIboys 02-09-2012 07:29 PM

Re: Does your LO hate sposies?

I don't know :goodvibes:, like you LO has been in CD since 2 weeks but we haven't been anywhere yet that we would need back up sposies. Funny enough, I bought some Flip covers along with a case of Flip sposie inserts for camping/vacation & am now wondering do I REALLY need them or can we do these things with our CD. . .lol.

Almacham 02-09-2012 08:09 PM

I don't know how my 2 year old feels about them. She's been in cloth all of her life. My 3 year old thinks sposies are weird. She's only seen her sisters in cloth and she was in cloth herself for a time.

I didn't think my almost 1 year old would know any kind of difference between cloth and sposies but my aunt had to babysit her while I went to a doctor appointment yesterday. She brought an extra pack of sposies she had laying around her house, left over from her grandson. So she just used those while I was gone and Amelia fussed the entire time. She was red when I got back so they irritated her, too. It's amazing to me how sensitive she is! My aunt said she kept ripping the sposie off. :giggle:

mrspopo 02-09-2012 08:30 PM

DD is 9 months old, and we haven't used sposies since she was itty bitty. Around 2 weeks old we started changing over to cloth and it was great. Although I was surprised to realize the sheer number of diapers... 20+ a day, changing diapers every 45 minutes or so. She would cry for every wet diaper, and that was about the only time she cried. So the constant diaper changes were needed to keep her happy.

The amount of diapers and crying when wet really didn't matter if she was in sposies or cloth, so no difference for us.

It wasn't until closer to 3 months old that the # of changes went down. She would sometimes be crying and didn't have a wet diaper?? I remember going to change the fussy baby and being shocked the diaper wasn't wet.

Almacham 02-09-2012 08:36 PM

Sometimes babies are extremely sensitive to wetness and such.

My baby doesn't care about pee but if she's poopy, she lets me know right away. She hates it.

juliasmom 02-09-2012 08:43 PM

My DD was 20 months when we went on a business trip to Minnesota and we bought sposies there to save luggage space. She would constantly tell me she had a dirty diaper and needed a new one even though they were clean. She did not like how they felt at all.

mallotalvo 02-09-2012 08:46 PM

We travel with sposies, too. For the first three days, he would shake his head and yell, "No like it!" :) made mommy proud.

MomBecks 02-09-2012 09:33 PM

My DD HATES sposies! It's the scratchiness that gets her I think. And your LO is probably reacting to the weird temperature changes when he wets. Sposies get crazy hot when peed in!

momEmac 02-09-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomBecks
My DD HATES sposies! It's the scratchiness that gets her I think. And your LO is probably reacting to the weird temperature changes when he wets. Sposies get crazy hot when peed in!

Yeah, I don't really blame him. The cloth is so soft and I know how itchy pads are! I can only imagine how uncomfortable sposies are!

Posted from my iPhone/iPad, probably while breast feeding. Please excuse mi

FluffyBum 02-09-2012 09:58 PM

My LO has been in cloth most of her life. We moved a month ago and I am pregnant ( due in April) and I couldn't keep up with washing and packing and cleaning and chasing a 22 month old! So we had her in sposies for a few days. She would tug at them and pull on them and complain about them. When I got her cloth out she ran to them grabbed one and pointed to her sposie and gave me the cloth. Funniest thing ever!!!