Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best diapers for newborns??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351067)

make#4myboy 02-09-2012 09:13 PM

Best diapers for newborns???

Ok! This is my first CD experience!! I'm due in June and want to get started on my stash!! I have a few OS diapers, but I'd really like to have a few newborn sized as well!! I know the basics about CD, so if you suggest something other than an all-in-one or pocket, please let me know how they work!! Same with brands! I'm not to sure what brands offer what or anything like that!!
I'm looking to find out what diapers come in a newborn size, how they work, and most of all what works best for newborns!!
All advise is appreciated!! Thanks!!

trying4more 02-09-2012 09:23 PM

Re: Best diapers for newborns???

It really depends on the mama.
I'm not a huge fan of AIO's or pockets...ect.
I LOVE fitteds and wool. Or basic dappi pull on covers.

When my son was a newborn (he's 2y now) I used cover your clover, but that mama is no longer in business. :cry:
For this baby due any day now I have a stash of prefolds, dappi pull on covers and GMD workhorse diapers. I REAALLYY think I'm gonna love the Workhorse diapers!

Lifeisjoy 02-09-2012 09:28 PM

For my nb I used peemie prefolds and nb size prowraps cover .and the nb GMD workhorse fitteds..with the rumparooz nb covers. Had a few nb nanas bottoms aio

eschillo 02-09-2012 09:39 PM

Here is what I've chosen to do with my DS due here literally any HOUR now! (currently about 5cm dilated and 70% effaced!) why am I still on here? haha!

Anyways...I have a stash of fuzzibunz one size elite's that my DD is in now and my DS will use them once she's potty trained, so I have a stash that can last hopefully about 6 more months...
I'm using infant prefolds (24) with a combo of Weehugger and Thirsties covers. prefolds/covers are extremely economical, really easy to use once you get the hang of them, absorbent and a great choice. I also have about 14 minky and bamboo inserts for when we need added absorbency or to make the diaper more trim.
For the middle of the night/eyes half open feeding/changing, I have a stash of 12 AIO newborn Grovia diapers to make it easy on myself.

make#4myboy 02-09-2012 09:58 PM

This is great stuff!! I appreciate it all!!

yogamama28 02-09-2012 10:03 PM

My LO is 2 weeks old now. I started with GMD prefolds and Bummis Super Brite covers. They worked great and we had no leaks but I decided I wanted something more stay-dry. I now have 17 Fuzzibunz Perfect Size-XS that I LOVE! I also have 6 g-diaper cloth inserts that are soft fleece on top and then a layer of hemp. I lay them in Thirsties Duo Wraps (size 1). They also work great and are easy.

babylatch 02-09-2012 10:06 PM

Here's a few of the popular mainstream brands for new borns:

Bumgenius xs AIO (all in ones) they are all Velcro. I bought 20 of these (found great deal). Daddy diapers and midnight changes

Lil joeys (also AIO) made by rumparooz these are super tiny so if you have a big baby may not even fit. Lots of mom say the baby grows out of absorbency before the diaper though. I have 10 (another great deal I found) Double gussets a plus.

Fuzzibunz xs. These are pockets and run a little larger compared to most newborn diapers. I have two I bought of diapers.com at $11.15 for chocolate. (plus 10 off first 50 order code)

I also have a dozen Green Mountain Diapers (GMD) organic cotton prefolds. I'll use these during day. I have two thirsties duo xs covers to put over them. You should check out the GMD website. Super informative and great products. I did buy some yellow and ordering one or two workhorse fitteds from GMD. Great reviews on them.

There are also other fitteds that require covers lots of mom rave about. Kissaluvs, sbish, mother ease sandys. I'm just going for simple as possible on the newborn with mostly AIOs. First baby so I footed the investment in a good stash.

Check out Facebook. Most diaper brands have their own page and mamas give great reviews on there about what's working for them. Most also have a FSOT or buy sell trade page too.

Really good sales are found on diaper pin.com so check there before you buy for codes, specials etc. cotton babies is having a great clearance on BG artist series and flip covers right now.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 02-09-2012 10:06 PM

I like nb muttiquins, the fit is great, wish I had more, I only have 4 of them, they work awesome with a xs luxe cover.