Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Maternity clothes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351157)

Caroline11009 02-10-2012 06:05 AM

Maternity clothes

Seriously I think I need maternity pants already. My jeans were loose and now they are getting snug. Any ideas on where good places are to look? Please tell me I'm not the only one! :-)

boekesec 02-10-2012 06:13 AM

Re: Maternity clothes

If you're not too proud to shop there, I love to SCOUR Goodwill :) Especially go to the ones in the nicer neighborhoods and you can often find a few great things. Otherwise the clearance racks at Target are usually pretty good too!

Caroline11009 02-10-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen
If you're not too proud to shop there, I love to SCOUR Goodwill :) Especially go to the ones in the nicer neighborhoods and you can often find a few great things. Otherwise the clearance racks at Target are usually pretty good too!

Oh definitely not to proud to shop there! Great idea thanks! I love target too especially the my MIL & SIL work there :-)

ambie719 02-10-2012 06:28 AM

I'm with Eileen, thrift stores are great for maternity clothes (when you can find them) just because they're so expensive new and you really don't wear them that long, so to me it seems like a lot to pay for something I'm only going to wear 6 months, especially this time around because this will be our last baby. I still have a couple pairs of pants and 1 dress. I usually just wear pants and shorts with elastic waists and billowy tops, so I really haven't had to buy too much for mat clothes.

boekesec 02-10-2012 06:28 AM

Ooooh - family discount?! Target is the best. I never bought anything at Motherhood for DD because it was just SOOO expensive. Also check out garage sales and consignment sales in your area - I see you're in California so it's garage sale season all year long :) Here in MI we have to wait for spring! But you can find some great stuff there. Also Craigslist! I've seen postings for people selling ALL their maternity clothes before for super cheap.

ambie719 02-10-2012 06:28 AM

dp

Caroline11009 02-10-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen
Ooooh - family discount?! Target is the best. I never bought anything at Motherhood for DD because it was just SOOO expensive. Also check out garage sales and consignment sales in your area - I see you're in California so it's garage sale season all year long :) Here in MI we have to wait for spring! But you can find some great stuff there. Also Craigslist! I've seen postings for people selling ALL their maternity clothes before for super cheap.

Yes family discount which will be awesome since we can buy the big stuff there and get 10% off :-)

Yes it is garage sale season here all the time. It was 80 yesterday. Nice and wintery right? Craigslist is a great idea! Thanks for the tips.

I plan on stocking up on dresses and such because it gets so warm at my work and I will have to stay cool somehow!

kannondicarpo 02-10-2012 07:06 AM

I went to Salvation Army yesterday prepared to spend a lot of money and they only had old frumpy maternity. I was so bummed. I went to a new store in a nice part of the city too. Oh well, I have one pair of maternity jeans so I guess I'll be wearing those until I find more. What I really want are new shirts though. I never stopped wearing my maternity shirts because I love how long they are so I need to add more to take away from wearing the same thing for the last 5 years.

GooseBella 02-10-2012 07:16 AM

With DD I was able to get away with not buying any maternity clothes until the last month of my pregnancy. I don't think that will work this time around. Thankfully, I'll be able to use most of the close again because it will be summer during most of the pregnancy. I'll probably need another pair a pants, pair fo shorts and a few shirts. I'm looking foward to needing these. Last time I wanted nothing to do with maternity clothes... I was in denial.

Caroline11009 02-10-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannondicarpo
I went to Salvation Army yesterday prepared to spend a lot of money and they only had old frumpy maternity. I was so bummed. I went to a new store in a nice part of the city too. Oh well, I have one pair of maternity jeans so I guess I'll be wearing those until I find more. What I really want are new shirts though. I never stopped wearing my maternity shirts because I love how long they are so I need to add more to take away from wearing the same thing for the last 5 years.

That's a bummer! Shirts are always nice. I love that they are making a lot more shirts longer in general and looser so most of mine will be ok.