Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Has anyone used Hypno Babies or similar program? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1351792)

Michelle_M 02-11-2012 01:21 PM

Has anyone used Hypno Babies or similar program?

I listened to the CDs during my last pregnancy, and it didn't help much during labor. I'm wondering if I get the full program if it actually works.

Anyone have experience?

God bless!

JustSomeChickVee 02-11-2012 01:29 PM

Re: Has anyone used Hypno Babies or similar program?

I used hypnobirthing. it did not help me once the contractions got serious, but i was also unexpectedly induced, so maybe that had something to do with it...

ericamichelle 02-16-2012 10:43 PM

I used Hypnobabies. I'd do it again. Very easy birth. :)

FluffyBum 02-17-2012 09:50 AM

I didn't use it but I loved my Bradley Method Class!! I was able to be very relaxed during labor up to pushing!! I think the pushing part would not have been so bad if I didn't have a lip of cervix left when I started. But those classes really helped!!!

Michelle_M 02-17-2012 12:58 PM

Thanks ladies.

God bless!

BabyBoBo 02-17-2012 04:46 PM

doing the full program is key! its not going to work well if you dont do the full program. its amazing, i used it for my first and will again for my second. I had a totally calm and discomfort free birth. I cant say enough good things about Hypnobabies.

happyhypnobabies 02-17-2012 04:49 PM

Hypnobabies rocks! I had two previous c-sections and achieved a VBAC homebirth with Hypnobabies. Hypnobabies is complete prenatal education, you have to actually use the tools they give you as well as listen to cd's and you will achieve success!

gina8177 02-17-2012 05:02 PM

I used Hypnobabies for my first birth and am using it again for my next. I actually start classes again this weekend. :). I think that it is really important to do the entire class, either home study or group, as opposed to just listening to the CDs to ensure success. Plus that's what I think makes it great, that it's a complete childbirth education course that also teaches woman self-hypnosis for her birthing time.

trying4more 02-17-2012 05:48 PM

My birth was fast and furious. My water broke and DD was born 30min later.
I attempted to try and focus on all the stuff I listened to the whole pregnancy from hypnobirthing CD's, but it all went out the window.

Acacia 02-17-2012 07:08 PM

I used Hypnobabies with my last birth in 2007 and had a wonderful experience. I chose to travel over an hour each way for actual in person classes and wasn't disappointed in the least. I followed the program, listened to the CD's when I was supposed to and my hubby read scripts to me just like he was supposed to. The education we received was invaluable and this is coming from a doula with a huge knowledge base about birth. Em's birth was easy and practically painless. Pushing gave me a tad bit of a struggle, but I continued to choose to use the techniques I had practiced throughout the birth and was thankful I did. Hypnobabies was wonderful for me and for my baby girl! My hubby even commented about how wonderful it was in comparison to my other births. He honestly didn't believe I was in labor until the midwife told him I was 9cm. It was so different from my previous births that I can't say enough great things about it! I eventually became an instructor and now enjoy teaching other families how they can have easy joyful births!

-Julie