Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Poll- How often do you buy new? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13523)

tararaboomdeea 06-11-2006 07:04 PM

Poll- How often do you buy new?

Hmmm, I couldn't figure out how to start a new poll :headscratch:

Anyway, how often do you buy CD's brand new? As in, from the website/WAHM directly?

Always

Most of the time

About half of the time

Sometimes-depends on how much I like/need/want it

Rarely-I almost always buy used

And part II.....

If you do buy brand new, do you take into consideration how much you will be able to re-sell it for when your DC grows out of the diaper? Does that impact your decision to spend the extra :2cents: buying new?

imommy 06-11-2006 07:08 PM

Re: Poll- How often do you buy new?

About half of the time

If you do buy brand new, do you take into consideration how much you will be able to re-sell it for when your DC grows out of the diaper? Does that impact your decision to spend the extra :2cents: buying new?

It does impact my decision some when I buy new but my main reason for buying new is because I want really good quality dipes to use for #2 and know that if I'm the only one who has used them then I know exactly what kind of care they've had and I know they've only been on one other bum so they'll be in excellent condition. Plus, sometimes the drama from the "used" boards gets on my nerves. :lostit:

tararaboomdeea 06-11-2006 07:08 PM

Id say about half of what we have has been bought brand new. I'd like to always buy new (used is a little icky to me, kinda like used undies) but we don't always have the fundage for that. :)

When I DO decide to buy new, yes, being able to re-sell it later does have an mpact on my decision. If I don't think I will be able to resell it and re-coop some of the cost, I won't but it.

redheadedangels 06-11-2006 07:31 PM

i buy new on alot of things. I just can't make myself pay much for used dipes. The most i'd pay for a used FB is prolly $10 and thats for a VGUC to EUC one. I'd rather buy one new for $14. But for other people they'd rather save the couple dollars and buy used. I understand mamas selling the dipes for higher prices cause i do it to. I start out a little high and come down if a mama asks. But to me i'd rather buy new and know the dipes past care and pay a couple extra dollars for it. I don't mind paying a near new cost for something that a mama only washed or something and didn't fit their baby. Also if i've bought from a mama here before and know they are honest and all that i'd be more comfortable buying from them again for used dipes. I've gotten some crappy dipes from 1 or 2 mamas here and it makes me leary of buying used dipes....

eta: Yes ~ resale value does impact my decision as to what to buy. I LOVE my FFs and i know other mamas here do to so i know those will resale well. Also FBs seem to sell better than HHs. Both fit my dd well but i try to get new FBs before HHs cause i know they will have a higher resale value. but i keep 8 HHs for my dh to use and gma...they don't get snaps :D

Mommyof2Princesses 06-11-2006 07:32 PM

Out of 30 diapers I bought two used. DH just says no to used so I snuck those but plan on selling them, he found out. I love knowing where my diapers came from and that my dd is the first to wear them. Most importantly I love getting to choose what color, if it's embroidered etc...
Initially resale value and product ranking from the pin was my main concern, now it is whether it fits my little one right. It also depends on how cute it is. I definitely will buy something even if hesitant because I know I can resell it on here!!!

LilHippyMamma 06-11-2006 07:33 PM

I'd say half the time, I buy a lot of used but have bought some new too. Course I think it's been about over a year since I bought new lol

aimeemarie 06-11-2006 07:42 PM

Always!

christinewith4 06-11-2006 07:42 PM

Rarely-I almost always buy used

No $$ here for new dipes...:cry:

I take what ever is offered up as FFS, etc...

..recently got my MD dipes though (used to) so I am just happy to have their heinys covered... :thumbsup:

MamaMel 06-11-2006 07:44 PM

I buy new unless it's something on hyena that is hard to get. Like I bought a used mutt for my DD and a used Peewell for my DD because I'm bad at stalking. But as far as FB and stuff thats widely available I buy new.

beckers1111 06-11-2006 07:50 PM

the only thing I have bought new was 2 pairs custom wool shorts, and 2 tester fitteds.

EVERYTHING else is used.....and almost everything I have bought used was money I got from selling clothes and misc stuff to fund paypal.

even the diapers I make are used :giggle: Ive been making them from thrift store t-shirts and sweatshirts! and raiding DHs closet for funky t-shirts.