Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   OMG, 8 to 10 weeks?!?!? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352501)

happysmileylady 02-13-2012 08:17 AM

OMG, 8 to 10 weeks?!?!?

Despite the fact that this is my 4th pg, I haven't ever found out in the "normal" time frame. I guess that's the best way to say it. Anyway, with my first, I was 17, late, but in denial, and didn't actually find out until I was like 3 months along. Even then, I was hiding it, so I didn't go to a doc until I was 5 months already.

With my second, we did IF treatments, I was getting regular tests and ultrasounds from the first positive beta test.

With my 3rd, I was on medication that was inhibiting ovulation and my cycle was completely and totally out of whack. I went off the meds and was waiting for my cycle to return, and waiting and waiting and waiting. By the time I took a test, I was already at least 6wks along, and getting the blood test and so on took another week, so by the time I found out, I was already at the point that they start that first OB appointment.

Well, we just found out this weekend. According to LMP, I am probably 4wks and like 3 days. I called my OB today, I already had an appointment for March 1 for my annual. I let them know I got the positive test, and they said they would need to change the date of the appointment. And that I have to wait until 8 to 10 weeks because they do the initial ultrasound at that point and "can't" see anything earlier than that.

I have to wait FOUR MORE WEEKS for that initial ultrasound? OMG, I might just die having to wait that long!

sheenashine 02-13-2012 11:06 AM

Re: OMG, 8 to 10 weeks?!?!?

Lol! Tell me about it! I opted out of any early USs, and since I'm doing a home birth my MW doesn't generally see clients until they are farther along. She is seeing me early at 10-12 weeks... it's gonna be a looooooong wait.

zacifer 02-13-2012 11:23 AM

LOL! Welcome to the club. The first few weeks take SOOOOOOOOOO long. I'm the opposit of you and have super short cycles that are like clockwork. So each time I've been preg, I know right away b/c I only miss my period for one reason. And when I test pos, I'm technically not even 4 weeks along, since my cycles are so short. This time around, I knew for a week that I was preg, then women were joining here, just finding out, but having the same due date as me. It feels like my preg moves NO WHERE these first few weeks!!

ambie719 02-13-2012 12:43 PM

It is hard to wait, but it is also better to wait until you know there will be a heart beat rather than having a u/s early and freaking yourself out because it was too soon to see anything. When I've gotten early u/s's I've always gotten them around 7-8 weeks.

Sunshine915 02-13-2012 12:44 PM

My OB wanted to see me the first week in March, but I have Jury Duty that month, so I was able to bump up my appointment to next Friday. This may be the best thing that Jury Duty has done for me! Of course, I'll be in the thick of m/s, so that might be challenging... but what are you going to do?

I usually end up with a dating u/s because I have long cycles, too. LMP hasn't been accurate for me (although after my 2nd pregnancy, my cycles have shortened up considerably, so I don't think the DD is going to change much this time).

kymdenise 02-13-2012 03:32 PM

I actually asked to wait til 8 weeks, in case I lost this bean too. It's taking forever.

zaeaton 02-13-2012 03:44 PM

I have to wait until 9 weeks and it feels like forever!

Deanie 02-13-2012 09:00 PM

I can't WAIT until my appt. I too will be 8 weeks at that point. I feel like putting huge X's on the calendar. Oh how happy I will be March 12th!!

NurseJessie 02-13-2012 09:19 PM

I can't wait for you all to see your little beans! I only saw mine at 6+ weeks today because of all the bleeding, but even making it to today felt like forever. Praying for each one of you!