Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Marchkins Chat 2/13 - 2/19 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352820)

CountryChicMama 02-13-2012 04:11 PM

Marchkins Chat 2/13 - 2/19

Well, first off Happy early Valentine's day!! :) Anyone doing anything special this week?? My birthday was just last week, so I normally don't expect to get anything on valentine's day. I've got DH a card and am going to make some creole style shrimp tomorrow for supper (his fav).

Piece of advice from me: Don't use the phrase "maybe for your birthday" every week at the grocery store when your little one sees things he wants. It will come back to bite you. :giggle2: This week my oldest turns 4 and as we walked through the grocery store he noted ALL the junk I'd said he could maybe have for his bday. :blush: Luckily I made it out of there with only some Lightening mcQueen juicy juice boxes and fruit snacks.

umphreysmommy 02-13-2012 04:41 PM

Happy V-day to everyone. We aren't doing anything this year because keeping all extra funds for the house we are buying. I will go and pick up some steaks and just make a yummy dinner here. I did get DH and DD a card though.

That is too cute about the birthday thing. My DD says almost everyday "today's my birthday" especially if I am telling her to do something she doesn't want to do.

Today I am 37 weeks! Had my midwife appointment today and baby is getting further down and in a good position. They also said they expect her to be bigger than DD who was 7 lbs. hopefully she isn't too much bigger!!! I am still feeling really good but my hips are hurting at night and my back during the day. Other than that I don't feel too huge or too ready to be done yet. I have just about everything ready for the home birth together and at my sisters except food. I might just make a list and do a deli tray and have my sister or DH just go shopping when labor starts.

McMandy 02-13-2012 06:05 PM

Re: Marchkins Chat 2/13 - 2/19

Squeee! This is so exciting! I know some March Mamas may have their babies this week since a bunch of us finally hit 37 weeks, right?

I have my home visit this week, which is kind of funny because my MW and I are pretty much "besties", so it's basically another excuse to hang out and do lunch. She's at my home often enough that she knows where everything is and knows I'm ready.

Yes! I'm ready! I have the birth pool (it's in the back of my van, I need to get that out!), birth kit ready, stuff washed and ready, and all I need to do is buy a CARSEAT!! Hoping to do that tomorrow.

Think I may take up my friend on her offer to photograph the birth (she's a professional photographer but only does birth photography for friends). I may just wait until after I have the baby to give her a call (and get all those wonderful "LOOK OUR NEWBIE" photos) since I'm really private, but... I would REALLY like to have photos of the birth! I don't know if I'll be uncomfortable having her there, and I don't want anything to hinder my birthing trance!

I'm so excited! I can't believe I'm going to be holding a tiny baby soon! SQUEEEEE!

jellybean2012 02-13-2012 06:09 PM

I am 35w2d!!! This week I am getting the carseat and cosleeper. I am cleaning the house from top to bottom and TRYING to keep it immaculate. I just can not believe the time is almost here! So excited to find out what we are having.

lecialefty 02-13-2012 06:41 PM

We're not doing anything for valentine's that I know of except having my midwife appointment. :giggle: It was going to be today but another mama was in labor so we rescheduled.

Our class on Saturday went well, got my list of stuff I need to have at the house and found out where to order my midwife's birth kit - I'm thinking I'm going to modify a few things though. And I think I'm going to order a pool instead of using hers.

Cleaned house and played with dd1 outside today - think I about wore myself out pushing her around in her car but at least I got some exercise and she had a blast even though it's freezing outside, well not literally but it was cold.

DH is gone to get me some m&m ice cream sandwiches right now. :drif:

georgiasmommy 02-13-2012 07:03 PM

Happy V-day to everyone (well, tomorrow)! We aren't really doing anything for V-day; DH works retail and is working late shift tomorrow. Our anniversary is this Saturday so we already have a date planned for then.

I posted a few days ago about having some extreme pain in my pelvis. Well when I called my OB about it, his nurse told me to take a warm bath and do some squats :banghead:. Then I found out this weekend that the OB in the practice that I like just started her own practice last week. She treated me during my ectopic pregnancy last year and was there for the first trimester of this pregnancy, so we have a history together and I was bummed when she left the practice. Well we went to see her today to talk about moving our care over to her new practice, and even though I'm 35w4d, she is willing to take me on. :thumbsup: I may even be able to keep my already-scheduled c/s date of March 9. My records should arrive to her tomorrow, and my first appt. with her is Wednesday. I am just so happy to have her delivering this baby!

eschillo 02-13-2012 07:47 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't want to give birth on Valentine's day? I don't want my DS to have a birthday on a holiday! I feel like it will take away from the meaning of his birthday...of course with the way my life works, the ONLY day I don't want him to born, will be the the day I go into labor!

37 weeks on Thursday! This is a HUGE milestone for me...my DD was born at 33 weeks due to a rare uterine abnormality that I have. I have uterine didelphys, 2 uterus' and 2 cervix's! I can't believe we've made it this far, and I'm over the moon about getting to experience a "real" birth where I can hold my baby in my arms after and be with him instead of having him rushed to the NICU and stay there for weeks.

Last week I was 3.5cm and 70%, I have an appointment tomorrow, hopefully I've progressed and he'll be here soon! (but NOT tomorrow, haha!)

georgiasmommy 02-13-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eschillo (Post 14641273)
Am I the only one who doesn't want to give birth on Valentine's day? I don't want my DS to have a birthday on a holiday! I feel like it will take away from the meaning of his birthday...of course with the way my life works, the ONLY day I don't want him to born, will be the the day I go into labor!

I don't care to have a V-day baby. I just don't want to have a "leap day" baby. DH thinks it would be awesome, I think it would be confusing. Keep that baby in for at least another 26 hrs and you're ok! :)

m&m&m 02-13-2012 09:07 PM

I hope to have a leap year baby, I think that would be cool! (I am due the 28th)

DS was due July 4th but arrived on Father's Day. With the way that is going though I will probably have Mavick either tomorrow on Valentine's Day or possibly on President's Day ha ha ha. The kind of ironic thing is we don't celebrate any of these holidays (birthdays as well) anyways, just kind of funny!

tuckergirl 02-13-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eschillo

I don't want a valentine baby either, really. I'd always feel like his b'day would get overlooked and at the same time i'd feel guilty ever going out with my hubby for v-day cause we'd be letting down a kid.

And it figures that tonight I'm feeling crampy. Ugh, maybe it'll go away.

And on another note - hello mucus plug! Seriously, EW.