Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where do you get infant sleepers that... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353017)

3 ladybugs 02-14-2012 06:29 AM

Where do you get infant sleepers that...

don't have the chemical fire retardants in them, yet fit CD bottoms?

I want my next child to not have PJ's that have the chemical fire retardants in them (not sure what that does to a kid but don't really want to find out either) and I know that everything that is "loose fitting" that is sold in this country has to have that. The tight fitting PJ's don't have that, but they also don't hold a CD well. So what do you use? Do I have to start now sewing all this stuff in prep for a junior that will hopefully come 14 months from now? :giggle2: There has to be a solution to this issue as I can't imagine I am the only mom that faces this problem.

lilangel8185 02-14-2012 07:18 AM

Re: Where do you get infant sleepers that...

Id go with organic and maybe buy a size or 2 bigger for some brands.

bluedaisyma 02-14-2012 07:25 AM

long johns like from Old Navy or Carters. They are stretchy enough. (But I usually just use a wool soaker and babylegs on the bottom or wool longies with the long john tops...

KB'sMama1031 02-14-2012 07:27 AM

something knit or get organic and buy a size up :thumbsup:

ssand23 02-14-2012 08:53 AM

You could just not buy pj's & use sweats or leggings instead. I've looked all over. I have a big toddler & it's so hard to find actual pjs that fit.

My little guy is 25 months but wears a size 5 in pj's. He's chunky & wears a cloth diaper. He's allergic to the flame retardant fabrics so that leaves snug fitting that are too small for his chub :) I can't even get his arm in those tight sleeves let alone anything else.

I did find that Old Navy's snug fit 2 piece long johns have a little more give to it. The Hanna zippers sleepers aren't as tight (but only go up to a size 90 which is about a 3, maybe 4) but their 2 piece long johns are very tight.

newtwinmom 02-15-2012 07:54 AM

We use The Childrens Place zip up Stretches. We started using them bc they are the only footies with grippy feet in 6 mo sizes. Yes my Los were walking and wearing 3-6 mo, lol! My Los wear a BG aio stuffed with two premie Pf's at night and they are snug but not impossible.

wild fire child 02-15-2012 04:55 PM

I buy tight fitting PJs a size up, and if I were worried about cold nights I'd likely just buy sweats. TCP are notorious for running big/baggy.

04liquidS 02-15-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild fire child (Post 14651980)
I buy tight fitting PJs a size up, and if I were worried about cold nights I'd likely just buy sweats. TCP are notorious for running big/baggy.

:headscratch: I think TCP runs small. My sons wears 18 month sleepers in Carter's but the same size in TCP is snug.

misskira 02-15-2012 05:34 PM

I love old navy's fleece pants. We usually use fitteds and wool at night though.

DalesWidda 02-15-2012 05:52 PM

Dumb question, but what's wrong with the fire retardant in pajamas? Wouldn't that be the safest thing in the event of a fire? Honestly just wondering. Maybe you all know something I don't.