Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Every poop is green (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353239)

Cdra 02-14-2012 02:46 PM

Every poop is green

My dd is 2 months old as of the 9th. For a while now almost every poop is green and some are slimy and have mucous. I did have an oversupply issue which I think has leveled off to the point where I worry if I have enough. I got my period once already even though im ebf. I still feed her from one side for 2 feedings in a row just to make sure she gets enough hind milk. She doesn't have any other symptoms. No excessive crying, back arching or signs of discomfort or pain. She can be a little gassy but i figured it's because she sometimes fusses at the breast and takes in too much air. Her burps can be manly at times. I do eat more dairy than I should so I don't know if that's the issue. We have an appt on thur. So I was going to bring it up although her dr once told me as long as she's growing with no other symptoms she she should be ok. any thoughts on this? Should I worry? Tia mamas. This site continues to be my best resource and support group for breastfeeding. No one else understands.

Ebeuchat 02-14-2012 02:49 PM

I'm in the same boat. This happened to my other kids too. Doc said the green is caused by swallowing mucoous and it's most likely that baby has seasonal allergies. Any runny/stuffy nose in baby?

Cdra 02-14-2012 02:56 PM

Also, I do diaper laundry every day at the same time and just counted 11 dirty diapers. I also have a strong let down with a few sprays coming at her. not sure if this is relevant info but thought I'd mention it.

Cdra 02-14-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebeuchat
I'm in the same boat. This happened to my other kids too. Doc said the green is caused by swallowing mucoous and it's most likely that baby has seasonal allergies. Any runny/stuffy nose in baby?

No stuffy nose but I do hear some congestion inside her sometimes. It seems to come and go. Hmmmmm....

KimKim 02-14-2012 03:10 PM

Re: Every poop is green

This is happening to my baby too. She has her 1 month appointment tomorrow, and I was going to ask about it. She cries more than my SIL's baby though and I know she is gassy sometimes.

wirth 02-14-2012 03:22 PM

This just happened with us, and the culprit turned out to be a dairy/soy allergy. I had to eliminate all of both from my diet. But I know mucuous from teething and foremilk/hindmilk imbalances can cause it as well.

JadeScarlet 02-14-2012 03:27 PM

The exact same thing has been happening to us!

DS and I are both congested as well, so I think we have the same allergy. At first I thought it might be something I ate, but its been going for a few days now and it started not long after we both started getting allergy symptoms! I'm hoping it clears up soon, green poo is a pain to wash out.

FluffyBum 02-14-2012 03:29 PM

I used to take care of my good friend's baby girl when she had to go back to work. My LO was a year old and I never remembered her having green poops or mucus in stool. So when the baby started to have them I told the mom. The baby was gassy and would feed small amounts at a time, (fussy at nipple). I had to always have her in carrier to help with gas.
After I got pregnant again I stop taking care of her the mom started to care for her. I think that's when she noticed it was a problem. Well it turned out to be a dairy and egg allergy. Oh the baby was constantly congested. So it does sound like an allergy to me.

this_mel_rocks 02-14-2012 03:35 PM

Green, mucous stools are normally a classic sign of a dairy/soy intolerance. Check out kellymom. :hugs: to you all.

Cdra 02-14-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this_mel_rocks
Green, mucous stools are normally a classic sign of a dairy/soy intolerance. Check out kellymom. :hugs: to you all.

Thanks! I checked it out before posting here. What throws me off is the fact that she doesn't seem to have any other signs of discomfort. Could her dr be right in saying its ok if there are no other symptoms? Should I start eliminating dairy?