Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Numbness 5 months after c-section??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353648)

CDNMommyofmany 02-15-2012 12:40 PM

Numbness 5 months after c-section???

My daughter was born Sept 9, and I am still pretty numb from my incision to my belly button, and I still get sore when I over do it-and my incision gets very dark when this happens. Is this normal? She was my 1st c-section (6th baby-my first 5 were vaginal, this one was breech so I had no choice)...I had disovable stitches as well, not sure if this makes a difference as far as recovery goes.

hilaryisinked 02-15-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Numbness 5 months after c-section???

Is the actual scar and area right around it numb or a bigger area? I had a kidney transplant 9 years ago and my scar and the area right around it are still numb to the touch. I can scratch and not feel it. The scar is huge and on my abdomen (that's why I replied)

misskira 02-15-2012 06:00 PM

The right side of my belly never fully recovered sensation after ds1, and now it's even worse after ds2 (I'm almost 10 months pp). If I touch it, it feels similar to touching my cheek after the dentist numbs my mouth. I can feel it with my finger, but my stomach doesn't really feel it. It drives me bonkers. The incision itself never hurts though.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 02-15-2012 06:02 PM

I had my third c/s almost 3 weeks ago, this recovery is very different, I am numb all the way to my belly button this time, I had a huge bruise on my right side of my belly the next day that lasted a few days then started fading away and my left side of this incision stings still, and feels like it gets pulled.
I am very numb on my right side, elft is not such a big area of numbness, i think it has to do with how the dr does the c/s. My last 2 were nothing like this, the numbness went away pretty fast and I got all feeling back,I don't think I am going to be so lucky this time.
Have you spoken to your dr yet about this? I am going to talk to mine at my next appt on 3.8 if things don't start to get better, i am also still having some trouble getting in and out of bed and walking for long periods of time. Not at all what i expected since I have gone through this twice before with my two middle kids.

CDNMommyofmany 02-15-2012 06:08 PM

When I went to my post-baby check the OB told me it was where all the nerve endings had been cut and it may never fully heal. It starts about an inch below my belly button and goes right down to my incision, and the full width as well. Almost a tingly/numb feeling. its always there. I find it gets uncomfortable if I wear lower waisted jeans that sit on that area too.

boilerbebeRN 02-15-2012 06:15 PM

My C/S was July 28th and I still have numbness. I kind of expected this though. I had a total knee reconstruction in 2007 and I still have a lot of numbness around that scar.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

04liquidS 02-15-2012 06:25 PM

Nerves take a long time to heal. I had a c-section 7 months ago. My scar is numb, but just the scar itself. However, I have nerve damage in my right thigh from the epidural because I have mild scoliosis that I was unaware of prior to getting the epidural. Right after my c-section and for a few months, my thigh was completely numb, but now, I have partial feeling in it. From what doctors have told me it can take months and months for nerves to heal so it's possible the feeling may return for you. I think the actual scar area will stay numb though.

musicalisa 02-15-2012 07:06 PM

My scar was simultaneously numb at the surface and painful inside for a good year after my cesarean. I know I had a lot of adhesions, too.

becky1231 02-15-2012 08:43 PM

My last c section was just over 3 years ago and I still have numb spots around the incision and just about to my belly button.

misskira 02-15-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 14652350)
I had my third c/s almost 3 weeks ago, this recovery is very different, I am numb all the way to my belly button this time, I had a huge bruise on my right side of my belly the next day that lasted a few days then started fading away and my left side of this incision stings still, and feels like it gets pulled.
I am very numb on my right side, elft is not such a big area of numbness, i think it has to do with how the dr does the c/s. My last 2 were nothing like this, the numbness went away pretty fast and I got all feeling back,I don't think I am going to be so lucky this time.
Have you spoken to your dr yet about this? I am going to talk to mine at my next appt on 3.8 if things don't start to get better, i am also still having some trouble getting in and out of bed and walking for long periods of time. Not at all what i expected since I have gone through this twice before with my two middle kids.

What did they use to close your uterus? For me they used dissolveable staples on the inside and then dissolveable stitches on the outside. I was thrilled at first to have no outside staples to have removed, but I quickly figured out that the internal staples caused a lot of pulling and tugging, which resulted in burning. I had a much harder time moving around and using the stairs because of it. After a few weeks my incision still wasn't fully healed, and a staple popped out of it! :yuck: They definitely made my recovery take longer, and if I were to have another I will demand uterus stitches.