Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Holy Temper Tantrum, Batman! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353901)

hippiemommie 02-15-2012 09:07 PM

Holy Temper Tantrum, Batman!

My little guy is 11 months and EBF...

Normally before bed, he nurses on both sides, then I pop him off, put him up on my shoulder, and rock him to sleep... He never really puts up much of a fight...

The past several days, I pop him off and he throws a MAJOR tantrum! Like SHRIEKING! At first, I thought that maybe he was still hungry, so I put him back, and the little stinker just suckled!

He's been doing this every nap and bed time for the past several days- pitching a FIT and then just suckling when I put him back... :banghead:

What gives? Why all of a sudden a change to the bed time routine? :headscratch:

foolsgold 02-15-2012 09:39 PM

Re: Holy Temper Tantrum, Batman!

growth spurt maybe making him want to nurse more? There really isn't anything WRONG with nursing your baby to sleep as long as it works for you and your little one. I would no more recommend making your baby nurse to sleep if they didn't want to then not letting them nurse to sleep if they wanted to. It really is what ever works for you :thumbsup:

hippiemommie 02-15-2012 10:11 PM

But that's the thing, when I put him back, he's not eating.. Just kind of... suckling...

RastaBaby 02-15-2012 11:21 PM

I don't have any advice to offer just :hugs: because I'm in the exact same situation. A couple nights I fell asleep while nursing and woke up with my nipple still in his mouth, so now he WILL NOT sleep without nursing, I have to wait till his body goes limp to remove my now sore nipples.

tibeca 02-16-2012 07:56 AM

He's using you as a pacifier. There's nothing wrong with that, unless it bothers you.

FluffyBum 02-16-2012 10:23 AM

Maybe some teeth are coming in? My LO tends to nurse more and only falls asleep with nursing when those teeth come out!

hippiemommie 02-16-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RastaBaby (Post 14654052)
I don't have any advice to offer just :hugs: because I'm in the exact same situation. A couple nights I fell asleep while nursing and woke up with my nipple still in his mouth, so now he WILL NOT sleep without nursing, I have to wait till his body goes limp to remove my now sore nipples.

That's how he is lately! We coslept entirely up until he was 8 months.. At 8 months, I started rocking him and putting him in his crib the first part of the night, and bringing him to bed to cosleep the rest of the night when he woke up to nurse...

Since he's started doing this, I just put him back in the bed with me so that I can get some sleep, and I wake up to him still suckling! And he's asleep, suckling, until I pull my nipple out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibeca (Post 14654873)
He's using you as a pacifier. There's nothing wrong with that, unless it bothers you.

I don't mind him using me as a pacifier! But why the sudden increase???

Maybe it is teeth like PP said? But he's cute 6 teeth already and didn't comfort nurse to this extreme with those.... :headscratch: