Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Hoping for HBAC...now 11 days overdue... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354045)

jjoneday 02-16-2012 09:57 AM

Hoping for HBAC...now 11 days overdue...

I had a c-section with my first (later learned was unnecessary and fear based) and was not given the option of a trial of labor (doc said she would be big, she was 8 lbs 12 ounces about 10-12 days early). I am planning a HBAC this time around but am 11 days overdue and if I go past 42 weeks I have to do more biophysical and non stress tests and the decision on if I can still do a home birth falls in the hand of the ob my midwife works with...they've already told me his first thing willbe to say "I can go ahead and do a c-section"...and if the tests show immediate action is needed it will be a c-section or induction with small amount of pitocin, which I would probably choose that options,but he will not stay at the hospital if I choose to be induced do if something happens he may not be immediately available! And they can't guarantee that another ob would be immediately available either!

Anyone have advise on ways to SAFELY and naturally induce with a vbac? I tried Ina May Gaskin's castor oil induction method, about 12 hours later had contractions all night but they stopped about 6 hours later...that was Tuesday night...it was 1 tablespoon in oj followed by 1 more tablespoon 1 hour later...after a few hours after taking it I had runny diarrhea and a little nausea but no vomiting...my midwife recommends the British midwives castor oil induction method which takes 3 hours to complete and a total of 3 ounces castor oil and 1 enema...my concern is pooping all through labor or causing stronger contractions then normal and the possible increased risk of uterine rupture that this might cause?...I have heard of the risk of meconnium but most of what I read leans toward the correlation with already being "overdue" and the already increased risk of meconnium in the water do to that and that most women that use castor oil are already "overdue"...

I am all about waiting til she is ready to come, but I hate to deal with the ob or for that matter I am a little concerned about the whole big baby thing...on Monday the biophysical u/s estimated her weight at 9 lbs 4 oz...

Anyone had success with castor oil induction that didn't include pooping all through labor? Or another form of natural induction for your VBAC?

Any experience with nipple stimulation and VBAC?

Thanks for the help!

Midwife@heart 02-16-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Hoping for HBAC...now 11 days overdue...

Do not do castor oil.
Are you sure your dates are correct?
Are you sure the baby is in the right position? http://spinningbabies.com/

I would just wait it out and just do a non stress test every 2 to 3 days.
You can try nipple stimulation once you know the baby is the perfect position.

jjoneday 02-16-2012 10:11 AM

Yes I know the EXACT day I conceived...she has never settled into a set position...over the last month she had been roa, rop, loa last week, this weeks appt. she went from rot to op while my midwife was checking...she was op from 38 weeks to 40 weeks...I was on spinning babies a lot those weeks, tried several things...my midwives are not concerned with her position...it worried me for awhile but really she still moves a lot so there really isn't much to do in regards to her position...on Monday at the ultrasound she was on my right side...either roa or rot...not sure which...

jjoneday 02-16-2012 10:13 AM

What is your reason for not doing castor oil? I was a little concerned but reading that Ina May gaskin recommends it was reassuring to me...though of course her dosing is 1/3 that of what my midwife has recommended...

Midwife@heart 02-16-2012 10:22 AM

I don't like castor oil because past due date babies have a higher chance of pooping in the uterus and castor oil would increase those chances.

I would try other things like nipple stimulation, walking, sex with orgasm lol, get on all fours and scrub some floors lol, stripping membranes, etc.

I think baby's position is important to start the dilation process.

jjoneday 02-16-2012 10:26 AM

Tried sex and am going to try again today...tried the walking, no success there...did the all fours, no success, and the meconnium thing to me, from what I have read, seems unfounded and any correlation is more to do with already being overdue not with CO...I have been using EPO...my cervix is super soft and short, and as of yesterday I am now 1cm dilated, latest week was only 1/2 cm...she was going to strip my membranes yesterday but they had already stripped themselves...possible from the contractions I had from taking the castor oil on Tues...

jjoneday 02-16-2012 10:27 AM

Thank you for the tips tho!

ofthemoonsglow 02-16-2012 11:03 AM

Take Evening Primrose Oil and look up acupressure to start labor.

Also, fine the homeopathic remedy Caulophyllum. You can find it at places like Whole foods and the vitamin shoppe. If you can get it in a 200c but the 30c would work as well. Take 1 pellet an hour. No food or drink besides water for 15 minutes before and after taking it. My mother has been studying homeopathy for 15 years this is completely safe! I was at 41 weeks and going nuts. I did this for 20 hours and i went into labor and had my daughter the next day!

jjoneday 02-16-2012 12:34 PM

been taking epo since about 36 weeks...tried the caulophyllum for like three days last week...nothing happened... =(

Just want to go into labor and have my sweet baby girl!

do you have a recommended website to find the accupressure points....there is SO much available on the web it's a little overwhelming! =)

Midwife@heart 02-16-2012 12:39 PM

Are you stressed out? Have you read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth? I know it sounds stupid but maybe you just need to relax and let her be. If everything seems fine with the baby try to do things that take your mind away a bit from the fact that you are still pregnant.
The birth stories in Ina May's book was the only thing that would relax me when I was nervous or scared about my upcoming homebirth.

I hope I am not sounding condescending lol