Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Bodywash suggestions and family cloth suggestions... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354224)

newmommy929 02-16-2012 02:34 PM

Bodywash suggestions and family cloth suggestions...

Ok, so I am in need of a more "green" option of body wash for my husband. He uses the junk like Dial in those squeeze bottles. He is up for something more green, but he needs to be able to use in on his spongy things for the shower...those pom pom looking things "(forgot what they are called).

Also, how did you all convince your spouses/SO's to use family cloth? My DH thinks it's wierd, but we wash poopy diapers...so who cares. Any suggestions to get him to use it? THanks!

poohbear1208 02-16-2012 08:32 PM

Re: Bodywash suggestions and family cloth suggestions...

Yes to carrots has 3 great body washes- carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes. They work like the other more chemically laden ones, so I imagine your hubby would be ok w switching. Also the dr bronners Castile soaps make wonderful body washes.

FourSaplings 02-16-2012 08:59 PM

I use Dr Bronner's, works great. Just asked my husband how I convinced him to go with family cloth since I couldn't remember. He said he got tired of me talking about it. :giggle2: Also, he said to talk to men in terms of money... HTH

GEM Cloth 02-16-2012 09:01 PM

Dr. Bronners would be great for that, and even better would be using it with a crocheted thingie instead of the plastic ones! DHs aren't much for family cloth but then they don't use much TP anyway. I didn't say anything to mine about it, just put it up there and hid the TP. (I keep it for company) :D He uses what he grabs.

newmommy929 02-17-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEM Cloth (Post 14659618)
Dr. Bronners would be great for that, and even better would be using it with a crocheted thingie instead of the plastic ones! DHs aren't much for family cloth but then they don't use much TP anyway. I didn't say anything to mine about it, just put it up there and hid the TP. (I keep it for company) :D He uses what he grabs.

So I can crochet...how would I make some of.those.things? do you have a pattern? also...i had mentioned the dr.bronners.to my dh...but he thinks everything has to foam.up or something stupid like.that.

Leah52 02-17-2012 11:37 AM

I use Dr. Bronners on a scrubby and it suds up a lot. :)

jayner11 02-17-2012 09:15 PM

We just got some Dr. Bronners and love it as body wash! Also wondering how to crochet a scrubby??:)

Mamata3 02-18-2012 08:11 PM

I don't know about the body wash because my husband is addicted to old spice, but I plan on switching to family cloth once I make it. I plan on just not buying TP anymore, he will use it or go buy himself TP.

eapoosmama 02-18-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamata3 (Post 14669925)
I don't know about the body wash because my husband is addicted to old spice, but I plan on switching to family cloth once I make it. I plan on just not buying TP anymore, he will use it or go buy himself TP.

just taking the leap can be an effective introduction to the concept.

TrennaII 02-19-2012 01:48 PM

Dr Bronners has yummy fragrances and does suds a ton with just a few drops. I couldn't use it except as hand soap unfortunately, because it was too drying and the soap residue irritating to me. Going natural with cleansers is tough because soap leaves residue, theres no way around it.

The other tough thing is that the natural things tend to rely heavily on salicylates (like aloe or sodium benzoate) as preservatives. These can be highly irritating to skin and respiratory tracts.

But for someone currently using stuff with artificial fragrances, Burts Bees and Yes to Carrots are probably great.

I got a boyfriend something with patchouli in it, that broke his Old Spice habit.