Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adoption and Foster Care (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Expected time frame for ATC money? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354587)

StephanieMB 02-17-2012 10:30 AM

Expected time frame for ATC money?

Does anyone know how long it will take to get the refund of the ATC?

We mailed in way more documentation than required, hoping to get by the first time without having to resubmit a bunch of stuff.

Also, does anyone know if the ATC holds up the entire refund, or will they send the rest of the money while they're figuring out the ATC stuff?

Beth. 02-17-2012 12:02 PM

Re: Expected time frame for ATC money?

dalynn1997 02-17-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth. (Post 14662460)
Nobody really knows. Some people sailed through last year and their return didn't go to ATC review. But, those that did go to review were delayed at least a couple of months. Some are still waiting for their payments from last year.

If you go to ATC review, you will likely need to resend all of that paperwork again. For whatever reason, when you go to review none of the supporting paperwork is forwarded to that division.

You should get the non ATC portion in the normal timeframe.

:yeahthat:

Our friends that got it last year filed in mid Feb and didn't recieve it until July. They had to resubmit everything. They did get the portion without ATC in the normal time frame. IRS paid them interest on the amount because they had to wait for it.

I so need to stop and do my taxes we qualify to get this too!

Belle1002 02-17-2012 05:57 PM

I filed beginning of Feb last year, got the non-ATC part back in March, still waiting on the ATC. We've been denied twice and had to go to appeals. We just got another letter this week, giving them more time to review the documents we sent in Nov. :(

chasingboys 02-17-2012 09:01 PM

What do you mean sent for review? I put a note on the front of our return asking that it be forwarded to the dept that reviews the ATC. Was that a mistake?

StephanieMB 02-18-2012 02:33 PM

Sounds like "going to review" means that the return got flagged as needing more attention or was suspicious.

Beth. 02-18-2012 03:59 PM

chasingboys 02-19-2012 05:09 PM

I am totally sad. I put a note on the front of my return that asked it to forward it because I read that someone else was doing it. I feel like an idiot!! :-(

Beth. 02-19-2012 05:33 PM

macmemo 02-19-2012 05:56 PM

we filed in April last year went to review in june and didn't get our refund until October. If you get sent to review then expect 6 months but some people got lucky and got theirs right away without review