Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   That was scary. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354745)

jessicalev8 02-17-2012 04:14 PM

That was scary.

I am on bedrest for pih but today I needed to get some oxyclean so ds and I ran to Walmart. I had a non stress test today plus blood work and everything came back perfect so I didn't think it'd hurt to go to the store. I took my time and went slow. As I was headed to the cash register I started seeing flashing lights so badly that I could barely see. I pulled my phone out of my purse to call dh and I had to guess which number was his because I literally could not see anything on the screen. I got out to my car and sat there for a few minutes and it seemed to get a little better but it was still bad enough to freak me out. I went straight home and checked my bp 154/89 ok.... Not as high as I was expecting but the lights were still flashing and I started getting a dull headache. I laid down for a bit and the lights are starting to disappear but the headache is still there and my bp went down to 137/82.

I just don't understand what it could've been. I still have the darn headache and every once in awhile I'll see those lights but it can't be pre-e right? I had no protien in my urine this morning and no swelling.

Hopefully I never experience that again because it really scared me :( btw, I'm only 33 weeks so my bp really needs to cooperate for a little longer!

nicolemariep 02-17-2012 04:24 PM

Re: That was scary.

Totally crashing here bc I'm not currently preggo...

Did the lights look like fireworks or fireflys or sparks?

If so that is a HUGE waring for pre-e. I had it with my last preg. I was sitting on the couch and I saw sparks and was looking for an outlet or something that was shooting them. It was really trippy and scary. If you have pih you really should call your doc.

jessicalev8 02-17-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolemariep (Post 14663931)
Totally crashing here bc I'm not currently preggo...

Did the lights look like fireworks or fireflys or sparks?

If so that is a HUGE waring for pre-e. I had it with my last preg. I was sitting on the couch and I saw sparks and was looking for an outlet or something that was shooting them. It was really trippy and scary. If you have pih you really should call your doc.

Um yeah. Sparks is a good description, really weird. I'm going to call my doc now!

nicolemariep 02-17-2012 04:33 PM

Yes call! Sparks is exactly what it looked like with my pre-e, but they were more slow and floaty. Hope everything is fine :)

seacat 02-17-2012 04:36 PM

I recently had a baby in December. I had the same thing happen to me and I have never had pre-e with either of my kiddos. I called the doctor on call and he said it was most likely an occular migraine. Really scary stuff. I was trying to make dinner for DS1 and couldn't see. Mine followed with a headache as well.

jessicalev8 02-17-2012 06:25 PM

the dull headache turned into a full blown migraine :( my doc gave me fioricet and it hasnt even touched the pain. my bp has stayed in the upper 130s over upper 80s so im just trying to relax and not throw up lol.

Computermama 02-17-2012 07:16 PM

I was going to say migraine. Those sparks that PP described are exactly waht my migraine auras look like.

Almacham 02-18-2012 06:50 PM

I'm sorry, mama! :( :hugs: I hope you're feeling much better.

andyoly82 02-18-2012 06:54 PM

I'd ask for a urine protein analysis. My Pre e was just like that.

TwinKristi 02-18-2012 08:54 PM

Sounds like an ocular migraine to me too. Did it start in your peripheral vision and move across? I've had then and only when pregnant but mine aren't followed by painful migraines. It's weird. Your BP seems within high-normal range so unless you experience swelling, upper right quadrant pain, etc I would just mention it to your dr next appt.