Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   He's here! The birth story of Jude Alan... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354935)

eschillo 02-18-2012 07:00 AM

He's here! The birth story of Jude Alan...

1 Attachment(s)
Jude Alan Schillo was born at 4:54 am on February 17th weighing in at 6lbs 9oz and 20" long!

SO WOW was my delivery one for the record books. Woke up at 1:30am on friday with HORRIBLE contractions 10 min apart, then 6 min, then 3 min, all within 30 minutes. By the time we were driving to the hospital I was 2-3 min apart. Got to the hospital, 6cm dilated, go to the delivery room 20 minutes later, 8cm dilated, got the epidural that DIDN'T WORK and 20 minutes later was ready to push!

1 hour into pushing we realized something was wrong. We could see his head and I was in so much pain from not having any medication. I was pushing with ALL my might and he would NOT come out. His heart rate started dropping quickly and they nurses/doctor started getting scared and they all said that he had to come out immediately, he was in great distress, heart rate dropped and wouldnt come back up for almost a few min......he was already popping out, but he was stuck. The used a vaccuum, 3 times, kept popping off, so finally she had to cut me (mind you NO medication) and she reached in and grabbed him only to realize his cord was wrapped around his neck TWICE which was preventing him from coming out on his own and cutting his circulation off.

Scariest and most painful 2 hours of my life, hands down. He's doing fantastic now though!

NikiG 02-18-2012 07:19 AM

Congrats Mama, he is beautiful! Glad that he's safe and sound now, sorry it was so scary.

tuckergirl 02-18-2012 07:49 AM

He's so sweet!!! Congrats mama, so glad he's here!

png_lovebirds 02-18-2012 07:57 AM

Re: He's here! The birth story of Jude Alan...

OMGoodness what a story!! I am SO glad he is healthy!! Congrats!!

CountryChicMama 02-18-2012 08:04 AM

He is such a cutie!! :hugs: on the traumatic delivery. Glad that you and the baby are okay though. Congrats!

umphreysmommy 02-18-2012 09:17 AM

Congrats!! Sorry about the birth complications but happy he is here safe and sound!

ommelissa 02-18-2012 11:26 AM

Congratulations! He is so beautiful!

songbird516 02-18-2012 12:35 PM

Aww...he's so cute! He has no idea how much he scared you, lol! At least the labor was fast and didn't last too long; and I hope that you heal up quickly! Did you need many stitches?

MyKzooFamily 02-18-2012 01:45 PM

He is SOOOO beautiful!!! :wub:

Congrats on your delivery, and SO sorry that it was so scary and painful!! I hope you have a good recovery! :)

angelina_lover 02-18-2012 01:56 PM

:hugs: Glad he is doing good, how are you mama?
He is so precious!!