Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Keeping recipes organized (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135578)

aprilwood11 04-23-2007 11:43 AM

Keeping recipes organized

How do you do it? I seem to have so many different magazines, index cards, papers, etc...It is far from organized and I'm always having to jump on the computer to find a recipe, but we're going to shut off the internet(:cry:) so I need a better solution. Thanks!

DEmom 04-23-2007 11:47 AM

Re: Keeping recipes organized

I got a 3 ring binder and made dividers with the following titles
Appetizers
Soups
Salads
Sauces
Sides
Main Dishes
Breads
Desserts

I put all of the recipes in page protectors and filed them accordingly, I did it about 4 years ago and every year or so I go through and toss anything I've never attempted or even desired to make to make room for the new ones. The page protector keeps the recipe clean while cooking. I usually tape it to a cabinet door to keep it at eye level.

Cheyanne 04-23-2007 11:49 AM

I am like that too always running to the computer to find them lol :giggle: I guess that a recipe box may help if you have them on index cards.

babydogs3 04-23-2007 11:51 AM

I also use binders organized by category. I have so many recipes I now have about 4 large binders full of them. I think it's time for me to go through and purge the one's I'm never going to make. I also have a smaller binder of all the recipes I make regularly so I can get to them quickly.

LoveSunshine 04-24-2007 06:31 PM

I do a binder also. Once a month or so, I'll sit down and organize everything (I'm always printing or cutting out new recipes). It's very convenient and I have everything in those plastic sleeves so the pages don't get messy if my hands happen to be! :goodvibes:

CrunchyMama0607 04-24-2007 06:35 PM

Mine are all in a shoebox :blush: LOL, I plan on relocating them to a binder someday though, LOL

Melissa~BHS 04-24-2007 11:50 PM

I have a binder as well. Each recipe is in a plastic sleeve. I make notes on the back such as "Bill (DH) likes this one with hot sauce", or "mom makes this with a side of cornbread", etc. I also make note of where I got the recipe - a family member, magazine, etc. I am really anal about my recipes.

Amanda2319 04-25-2007 06:12 AM

Ditto on the binder. I also have a section of my grandma's that she left me before she passed. I like the plastic sleeve idea, mine are splattered with ingredients! :blush:

mamabear 04-25-2007 06:24 AM

I'm a binder girl, too!

Binders work! Create your own recipe book! And definitely use page protectors in case of spills...:lostit:

ceilismom 04-25-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEmom (Post 994992)
I got a 3 ring binder and made dividers with the following titles
Appetizers
Soups
Salads
Sauces
Sides
Main Dishes
Breads
Desserts

I put all of the recipes in page protectors and filed them accordingly, I did it about 4 years ago and every year or so I go through and toss anything I've never attempted or even desired to make to make room for the new ones. The page protector keeps the recipe clean while cooking. I usually tape it to a cabinet door to keep it at eye level.

I did something very similar for my USAF little brother at Christmas. I typed up all our family recipes on the MS Works recipe form, printed them off and put in page protectors with divider tabs for each category.