Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Marchkins Chat 2/20-2/26 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356397)

CountryChicMama 02-21-2012 08:29 AM

Marchkins Chat 2/20-2/26

Good morning!! I can't believe all the new babies over the past week! We shouldn't be here yet, should we??

Nothing much going on here. Still feeling pretty good, just still procrastinating some. Don't have baby clothes washed/put up yet, need to work on some freezer meals and still need to get my bedroom painted!!

MIL announced that she is going to throw me a shower this weekend. It's going to be just immediate family, but it still shocked me since this is my 3rd boy. But I gave her a list of a few things I needed. She wanted to do a money shower (since I've really been :drif: over the baby jogger city mini double), but I just HATE asking for money, plus I'm still not sure I want to spend that much $$ on a stroller.

png_lovebirds 02-21-2012 08:56 AM

Re: Marchkins Chat 2/20-2/26

I have the Baby Jogger City Select and LOVE it!! Totally worth the money! Buy it online so that you don't have to pay tax!!

Like you, I haven't done a lot of things I need to....I haven't washed baby clothes, I don't have any meals planned, the baby's moses basket isn't ready(I haven't made the bedding)....I could go on but I think I'll stop! LOL!

Apart from having some SPD pain, I've been feeling really good this pregnancy. BUT now I'm not sleeping well at all! I was going for 4 hr stretches of solid sleep...and then it went to 2 hrs...and starting last night I was up every hour! :( I can't even figure out why I'm waking up! I don't need to pee, the baby belly is sleeping, and I'm exhausted! So, what gives?!?! I am SO tired!! I don't think I'm going to get off the couch today and my 2.5yr old DS is probably going to watch cartoons all day....zzzz....

songbird516 02-21-2012 09:00 AM

Hehe. My best friend is throwing me a shower this weekend, but she pretty much told everyone to just give us gift cards or cash. Yay! I didn't have to say anything to them; she did the dirty work for me. Apparently she's been suggesting Whole Foods gift cards and target gift cards; I really hope I get some to Whole Foods! I go there way too often, but they just have the stuff that I want. it will get better when the farmer's market opens again..but until then I'm stuck with Whole Foods.

The other good thing about the shower is that it's at a restaurant and no kids are allowed, so it will be a nice break :)

I had my midwife home visit yesterday, and that went well. I was kind of laughing inside, though, because she was making kind of a big deal about having plenty of food in the house for the entire birth team...I don't eat sandwiches, so no, we will not have bread or sandwich fixings, and I'm not buying that stuff just for the birth. Also, we live literally 2 minutes (maybe 1 minute) from a grocery store. She said, "is it open 24 hours?" Umm....maybe not...but who really needs to eat between the hours of 11 and 6 in the morning? I just thought it was kind of funny. Yes, there will be food in the house, but no, I cannot guarantee that everyone will like it. Not to mention, I really don't think this will be a long process....so why make a big deal about it? anyway...that struck me as funny.

songbird516 02-21-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by png_lovebirds (Post 14683041)
I
Apart from having some SPD pain, I've been feeling really good this pregnancy. BUT now I'm not sleeping well at all! I was going for 4 hr stretches of solid sleep...and then it went to 2 hrs...and starting last night I was up every hour! :( I can't even figure out why I'm waking up! I don't need to pee, the baby belly is sleeping, and I'm exhausted! So, what gives?!?! I am SO tired!! I don't think I'm going to get off the couch today and my 2.5yr old DS is probably going to watch cartoons all day....zzzz....

I went to the gym and did intense cardio last night, and then STILL had a hard time sleeping (falling asleep). Not sure what is up with that. I didn't have heartburn, I felt tired physically, just not mentally. So I have no idea how to help with that; I'm in the same boat.

a few knitting projects; trying to figure out what to make next. making newborn hats is so fun!
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...bb63d-orig.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0fc7a-orig.jpg

georgiasmommy 02-21-2012 09:36 AM

Sara- I didn't post yesterday, but awesome that DD is staying dry! That is quite a nice convenience with newbie coming soon.

I attempted homemade bread today. I couldn't even get a dough to form. :(

bezark 02-21-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird516

I had my midwife home visit yesterday, and that went well. I was kind of laughing inside, though, because she was making kind of a big deal about having plenty of food in the house for the entire birth team...I don't eat sandwiches, so no, we will not have bread or sandwich fixings, and I'm not buying that stuff just for the birth. Also, we live literally 2 minutes (maybe 1 minute) from a grocery store. She said, "is it open 24 hours?" Umm....maybe not...but who really needs to eat between the hours of 11 and 6 in the morning? I just thought it was kind of funny. Yes, there will be food in the house, but no, I cannot guarantee that everyone will like it. Not to mention, I really don't think this will be a long process....so why make a big deal about it? anyway...that struck me as funny.

I'm not sure I'd have been able to stifle my laughter had she said that to me.
I'd supply nothing but liver and onions or something, but I'm a jerk like that. :giggle:
I'm sorry, but worrying about other people's appetites is the absolute last thing I'd be doing while in labor. Tell her to pack some protein bars and shut her trap. It's not your job to feed her team.

ETA: I made a giant lasagna to take to the birth center with us as a post-birth celebration meal. I absolutely plan on sharing with the staff, but in no way do they expect to be fed. It's just a nice bonus if a family has something tasty they'd like to share.

songbird516 02-21-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiasmommy (Post 14683276)
Sara- I didn't post yesterday, but awesome that DD is staying dry! That is quite a nice convenience with newbie coming soon.

I attempted homemade bread today. I couldn't even get a dough to form. :(

I never make bread, so I can't help you with that! I made biscuits the other day that actually came out decent, though. I'm thinking about making muffins for snacking after the birth, though.

We had another dry nigh last night, yay! And she didn't even wake me up at 5 to tell me she had to go potty.

Now...if she would only sleep in her bed all night...The bed is definitely not big enough for 4 of us!

songbird516 02-21-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezark (Post 14683312)
I'm not sure I'd have been able to stifle my laughter had she said that to me.
I'd supply nothing but liver and onions or something, but I'm a jerk like that. :giggle:
I'm sorry, but worrying about other people's appetites is the absolute last thing I'd be doing while in labor. Tell her to pack some protein bars and shut her trap. It's not your job to feed her team.

ETA: I made a giant lasagna to take to the birth center with us as a post-birth celebration meal. I absolutely plan on sharing with the staff, but in no way do they expect to be fed. It's just a nice bonus if a family has something tasty they'd like to share.

I probably will have stuff for liver and onions...I'll have to try to remember to suggest that if anyone brings it up during the birth, lol!

georgiasmommy 02-21-2012 10:10 AM

I've thought about bringing goodies to the hospital for the staff. A few friends work in L&D or the nursery, and they suggested bribing the staff with sweets. I want to bend the rules a little bit so far as my procedure goes, and the nicer I am to them the more likely I am to get my way. :giggle:

McMandy 02-21-2012 10:56 AM

My best friend is a midwife and I know that sometimes she doesn't get anything to eat because she's bouncing from one birth to another and doing after care too. I have to say that it would be wise to consider your midwives and have a basket of things out for them. I don't mean to sound abrasive but the lack of a hospitable attitude really shocked me in these posts!!

I know you are the one laboring, but your midwife may have had an exhausting or even emotional day as well.
I recommend having some Clif bars, clementines and other fruits, pb crackers, and such available for them. You don't have to have a full meal for them, but it's good to have something filling and energy-giving available. You could throw in some bags of tea or leave out the coffee pot with a bag of grinds by it so they can get a caffeine boost.

I really encourage you to think of the people at your birth- not that you should serve them, but have things available for them to serve themselves. A hungry midwife is a cranky midwife!!!

Also, yes- people DO need to eat in the middle of the night if they are awake and using energy. If you're sleeping, you don't need a snack or meal because you are resting and your body is fasting!

Again, not trying to be argumentative, it just really stung to read those things. It's really not a huge deal to have some sandwich meat and some cheese in the fridge, and set out a bag of crackers or something. You want your midwives to have energy so they can be clear headed in case of an emergency!

Bah, I'm probably going to get beaten over the head for being argumentative, but I promise, that's not my heart here!