Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Love or Hate microfiber? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356944)

greencrunchymama 02-22-2012 07:49 AM

Love or Hate microfiber?

I've just used prefolds and covers so far into our CD journey. I have some BG with the microfiber inserts but I'm nervous to use them because I hear how so many people hate the microfiber. Do you love or hate it?

gingerpeachee 02-22-2012 08:07 AM

Re: Love or Hate microfiber?

I hated microfiber. I got a big used stash of BG 3.0s and the inserts weren't ever REALLY clean. I didn't know at the time that I could have boiled them. I just washed them a whole bunch, figured this stink was normal and sold it all off for cheap. Now that my baby is walking I decided to try pockets again and I love them. I haven't had any microfiber troubles yet and I have found it to be very absorbent. I think I might be over-stuffing my pockets because I am used to stuffing with cotton. I think it depends on your water and washing routine too.....

Anyway, give it a go. Pockets can be so nice when a baby is wiggly and walking.

fantasia1117 02-22-2012 08:17 AM

I LOVE my microfiber! Can't beat the absorbancy for the thickness! I just use a little bleach when I wash them and never have a problem with stink!

Almacham 02-22-2012 08:47 AM

I don't love or hate it. I just don't prefer it. My heart belongs to fitteds. They're much cuter and more absorbent than a pocket imo. You run the risk of compression leaks and buildup and stinkies with microfiber, though that does not happen to everyone.

adavieau 02-22-2012 08:50 AM

Hate, I always ended up with stink or ammonia burns from it.

prantastic 02-22-2012 08:52 AM

Haaate. With a passion. I gave up cding awhile because of it a few years ago. Only natural fibers for this girl.

teeniebeenie6 02-22-2012 08:53 AM

Hated. They eventually would start to smell and no matter what I did I could not get it to come out. Blech!

jacandy 02-22-2012 08:54 AM

I don't mind it now since I switched to tide. I did have stink issues with "cloth friendly" detergents.

sarahannecloud9 02-22-2012 08:56 AM

Love! It's all in how well you wash. I use a main-stream detergent and bleach. Never had any odor issues!

mariamommy 02-22-2012 08:58 AM

I don't like the way it feels. When I used to use MF, and after I was done stuffing pockets, my hands would feel all static-y, scratchy and dry.