Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Question & picture (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357103)

suthrnmomto3 02-22-2012 12:20 PM

Question & picture

1 Attachment(s)
Question:
Dr stripped membranes yesterday. I was 3cm 70% effaced. I was contracting hard last night. Crampy today still get tight belly and back aches. Mucus plug has been gone since 2/15. Shouldn't I be in labor? Dr said she stripped them good and it HURT!!! So what now?

Also got pic of dd's face. Entire pregnancy she's had her hand or cord in way. Was in way yesterday too but she got a pic at least...even with fingers or cord in way. Look at those cheeks! They say she's 7lbs but I say whatever with the look of those cheeks she's at least 8 lb or more...

Attachment 96448

Serinity Ivylynn Remy Red...

songbird516 02-22-2012 12:36 PM

Re: Question & picture

Aww..that's a great picture :)

suthrnmomto3 02-22-2012 01:49 PM

Thank you

bezark 02-22-2012 01:57 PM

I think it can take up to three days to work, and it'll only work if baby's really ready to come out.
With DS, I had mine stripped on a Monday afternoon. Labor started on Wednesday afternoon. He wasnt actually born until Friday afternoon, but that was because he was positioned poorly. Once he cooperated and flipped, he was out in no time.

CountryChicMama 02-22-2012 02:16 PM

Ohhhh, I bet you can't wait to see those cheeks in person!! :) My MW also told me it can take up to 72 hours IF your body is ready. I had mine stripped on a Monday afternoon and went into labor that Thursday afternoon, so it took me that long.

McMandy 02-22-2012 03:08 PM

When I had my membranes stripped with my second baby, it took three or so days... So it usually takes a bit!

songbird516 02-22-2012 03:14 PM

Also, the mucous plug can grow back, so just because you lost it doesn't mean that it's gone for good. I don't have any experience with membane stripping, though. I have heard that it won't work unless your body is ready, and that just makes sense to me.

Marion 02-22-2012 03:16 PM

DDC with DD I had mine stripped one week and nothing and then done again the next week on like a Wed or so and had her on the Sun. Only works if baby and body are ready for labor.

georgiasmommy 02-22-2012 04:45 PM

I have no answer about the mucous plug or membrane stripping, I just have to say that those cheeks look so pinchable and cute!!!

suthrnmomto3 02-22-2012 05:38 PM

Thank you guys! She's gonna strip them again monday if she's not here yet and schedule induction for march 5th just in case. Dd is head down though. I have bad contractions but they aren't steady...