Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   My two favorite things!!! Share yours. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357468)

Shaylee 02-23-2012 07:03 AM

My two favorite things!!! Share yours.

Just in case anyone is interested in what is working for us right now!:goodvibes:

As a third time mom you would think that I had already tried the first item, but I never had one. The other one did not exist when my 2nd child was born.

1. I can't believe that I have never owned a wipes warmer. My preemie hates a cold wipe on his bum so I convinced DH to pick one up at Target last week. We have the Munchkin brand and it works great. I believe it warms from the top, so no burnt wipes on the bottom. Baby doesn't even flinch during changes anymore.

2. The Fisher Price Rock n Play Sleeper. It is a great place for him to sleep, especially right after a feed when a little incline helps a lot. Also, it is feather light to move around the house and although it only comes up to just above my knee, it is nice to have him higher up off the ground than in a bouncy chair.
His tiny movements even rock it on his own, often settling him back down. It has been super useful to keep him close while I do chores like dishes or meal prep and it has been a lifesaver during mealtime.

If anyone has any other favorite things, please share.:thumbsup:

lecialefty 02-23-2012 08:40 AM

Re: My two favorite things!!! Share yours.

No favorites yet but I bought the rock n play sleeper for this baby too, hope she likes it.

:popcorn: for other suggestions.

mercy589 02-23-2012 12:44 PM

I haven't used them this time around yet, but the Aden and anais swaddling blankets are amazing! Regular swaddling blankets are a joke compared to these.

My other favorite thing is Earth Mama Angel Baby stuff - the nipple butter is so much softer than lanolin, and the bottom balm for mamas, well, I would refuse to give birth without it! Lol!

Other loves - knickernappies breast pads, mommy necklace nursing necklace, Bravado bodysilk nursing bra. :)

SeaChellsRun 02-23-2012 02:08 PM

DDC.... My boobies!! LOL They were life savers after they weren't in agony anymore.

Material things though... I'd say my baby sheepskins, they have been mine since I was a babe. Great for sleeping, diaper changes and nakee time.

Moby wrap for carrying NB.

CaliRoll 02-23-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lecialefty
No favorites yet but I bought the rock n play sleeper for this baby too, hope she likes it.

:popcorn: for other suggestions.

DDC: A friend gave me one and I cannot wait to use it! I mean, for my newb to use it. LOL

The wipes warmer and muslin swaddling blankets are in my wish list!

JessicaArizona 02-23-2012 11:14 PM

What does DDC mean? I'm on my phone and can't look it up.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

claysMomma 02-23-2012 11:21 PM

SeaChellsRun,
Where do you get baby sheepskins? I would love some..and are there any on sale or inexpensive?

SeaChellsRun 02-24-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaArizona (Post 14701637)
What does DDC mean? I'm on my phone and can't look it up.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

due date crashing :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by claysMomma (Post 14701656)
SeaChellsRun,
Where do you get baby sheepskins? I would love some..and are there any on sale or inexpensive?

They are expensive. They run $100+ depending on size and quality. Not sure where to get them as they've been in the family for nearly 30 years. If you're laying baby on them, please make sure to get BABY sheepskins as they're treated differently than regular and the wool will be shorter and softer. We have regular sheepskins but we use those as mats because I have no idea what they were treated with, plus the wool is really long. Every now and then I see them on craigslist but mainly I would search online for one.

claysMomma 02-24-2012 12:25 AM

ok thanks i will look around. good to know they have to be baby sheepskins...

McMandy 02-24-2012 05:42 AM

Nurturedfamily.com sells sheep skin and if you sign up for their newsletter you get a 10% off code!

http://www.nurturedfamily.com/bowron...sheepskin.aspx

They are just under $65 there. :) I know the family, and I love buying from them knowing it supports them (and their 5 children with one on the way!).