Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   If you have had a diaper with PUL Delaminate... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357511)

The Fancy Pansy 02-23-2012 08:31 AM

If you have had a diaper with PUL Delaminate...

Was it dried in the dryer or hang dried?

I keep seeing threads about delaminating diapers and think I've noticed a trend, but I'd like more input.:thumbsup:

I've only ever had one piece delaminate, and it was faulty from the manufacturer, so I won't vote. :)

boysniris 02-23-2012 09:26 AM

Re: If you have had a diaper with PUL Delaminate...

I voted dryer low/medium, but it may have been a flaw in the fabric b/c they were the same color, ordered at the same time, and the manufacturer (Rocky Mountain) replaced them for me w/no issue. That was awesome customer service :)

jackyl08 02-23-2012 09:29 AM

I have always had PUL diapers(almost three years now), always dried on high and have NEVER had a diaper delaminate. I have purchased a used one where the PUL has started pulling away from the fabric, but the dryer has not made it worse and it still works fine.

shortcake2386 02-23-2012 09:30 AM

i had one out of an identical batch of 5 diapers delaminate. it was washed on hot and dried on hot just like the others but was the only one to delaminate:headscratch:

craigwick 02-23-2012 09:30 AM

I'm not voting either, but wanted to comment! I've never had anything delaminate (have used BG's,FB's and CB's) and I would say they get dried on high heat 50% of the time, line dried the other 50% (indoors and out depending on the season), and for a while I had a super small stash and was drying them every night!

MaMaJodiapers 02-23-2012 10:20 AM

as a diaper maker let me add my two cents: I have found that different diaper fabrics delaminate- and it is a quality issue. Hot press lamination may delaminate more than solvent lamination. I had bought from one supplier and could tell it would delaminate and it did. reputable suppliers have years of experience and have extensively tested.

If i had a diaper delaminate, i would contact the manufacturer

Now I recommend not washing /drying on hot because
1) better for the environment and the pocket book
2) could prematurely age the elastics

Almacham 02-23-2012 10:23 AM

I had some really old Sunbaby pockets delaminate. But who knows how many babies they went through before reaching me. They all delaminated within a couple weeks of receiving them. I washed on hot, dried on medium.

I recently had a FuzziBunz pocket delaminate after... I want to say 13 months of use. I washed on hot, dried on medium.

babylovinmama 02-23-2012 10:27 AM

I had my RaR delaminate, it was hung dry inside 50% and dryer dried on med 50%.

I've still been using it even though it looks terrible bunched. This begs the question: should I contact the manufacturer?

sisu 02-23-2012 10:34 AM

The only diaper that I ever had delaminate did it after about 3 washes. The rest of mine are dried on high at home, and no issues at all. I didn't vote. :giggle:

littleleaf 02-23-2012 10:36 AM

I'm not voting because I don't use PUL frequently enough to be a good "tester", but we do use PUL hanging pails and wash with every diaper load. I started off hang drying them, but soon got lazy and dried them on medium heat. 3 years of CDing and no delamination.