Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   how long did you test before a positive? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13580)

Merolu 06-12-2006 12:09 AM

how long did you test before a positive?

I tested VERY positive the day of my missed period, so dark it was wider and darker than the control and showed up right away. Then, with my next I tested the day I missed my period and every friday til I finally got a *faint* nearly invisible had-to-turn-it-sidways-held-in-the-light positive. This time I am still testing neg, but I would bet money I am preggo. :goodvibes:

PamG 06-12-2006 12:13 AM

Re: how long did you test before a positive?

Good luck! I hope you get your BFP. I always have to test forever it seems and get that exact same positive you are talking about for awhile. Not until I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant do I get a dark positive.

Keep us updated!

Pam

Melissa 06-12-2006 12:15 AM

I have never tested till I was sure I was late and never have had a problem with light positives. Plus it saves $ on all those tests :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: But if I was to be trying again I am not sure I could wait. Good thing DH has had a V lol

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 06-12-2006 12:17 AM

with my son, i was 6 days PAST my expected af .
with my dd, i was 3 days late when i got the courage to test, expecting a BFN i got a DARK line that showed immediately!

goodluck and i hope you get your positive to show very dark:hugs:

Mistymama 06-12-2006 12:43 AM

I didn't vote...because I've been pregnant 9 times!!! (3 miscarriages & this will be our 6th live baby)
pregnancies #1, 2, 3 & 4 were all well past my AF due date.
pregnancy #5 was the day AF was due
pregnancy #6 was super faint a few days after AF was due
pregnancy #7 was totally negative starting before AF was due until over a week later & even a blood test had said negative even though I knew I was pregnant
pregnancy #8 was a few days after AF was due (but I hadn't thought to test before that)
pregnancy #9 (this one!) I conceived 4 weeks after losing the last baby & tested positive 14 days after BD (so around when AF would have been due)

kissum 06-12-2006 01:08 AM

I said the day of, but it was really a couple of days after. I had implantation bleeding the day of, so I thought maybe I wasn't pregnant. Of course after that was just spotting, I tested 2 days late and had a dark positive. No guessing there!

mamas120 06-12-2006 03:15 AM

w/ our first I didn't test until about 2 weeks after my missed period got a dark positive in about 3 seconds and that was right before bed, then w/ dd 2 it was about a week after my missed period and got a dark positive very fast.

TwinKristi 06-12-2006 11:58 AM

With my first pregnancy (twins) I didn't know for a while. I may have suspected but I didn't really THINK I was. I tested + when I went for a refill on my BC pills! Ooops! With #3 I realized I was supposed to get AF soon and then all of a sudden all my syptoms started flashing through my head and I literally drove straight to the store! BFP... I was probably due for AF that day or the next. #4 I tested early, probably 3-4 days before AF was due since it was Father's Day and I suspected I was... got a BFP! #5 I was pretty sure I was preggo from the numerous symptoms I had, even like 3 days after I should have O'd. Freaky! I tested at about 8-9dpo and got a faint line. 3 days later I took a digital test and got "Pregnant" on the results! Still before AF was due.

a_cthelen 06-12-2006 12:10 PM

I already "knew" I was pregnant, so it was just a formality. :giggle: But, I still tested twice just to be sure!

AmandaSue22 06-12-2006 12:14 PM

I was 6 weeks with my dd when I finally got a positive and this time I am not sure but I know I have to be far after ovulating. So I picked the week or more.