Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Ok, I'm ready to be done now (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358372)

blackberry75 02-24-2012 09:00 PM

Ok, I'm ready to be done now

While I want the baby to go till she's ready, I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. She's already right around 7lbs according to F&M and she feels long. I can feel her head super low and her butt in my ribs. Even the doctor commented today on how long she felt while using the doppler. It feels like her legs follow the curve of my ribs and she's kicking the snot out of my left side(seriously it's painful). If she stretches at all-which she likes to do a lot, there's not enough room for her and air in my lungs. I'm just seriously getting to that very uncomfortable point in the pregnancy (aren't we all). Sorry for venting here, I just don't have any where IRL to do it.

Oh, and my boobs hurt. Kinda like they're full I guess. I never had engorgement except one time w/ Gman, so I'm not 100% sure. All I do know is nothing helps.

songbird516 02-24-2012 09:25 PM

Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

I definitely feel like this baby is bigger and longer than my daughter. He's also pretty much always anterior/transverse, so there are feet and butt sticking out all of the time. He's definitely getting me in the ribs, also. I never felt this big with Claire, either. I'm not sure that I'm ready to be done..because I don't feel mentally ready for 2, but physically I feel more ready than I did with Claire, and I still have over 2 weeks to my EDD.

KaylaJayne 02-25-2012 06:49 AM

Oh I agree - I want baby out now... granted I want him to cook as long as he needs but I am SO uncomfortable, SO tired, SO achey, and he is so darn strong that he hurts me when he "stretches" out. I had an 8lb 3oz baby for my first and I just have this feeling that since I am the same weight (give or take a pound or so) and showing about the same that I am going to have another monster baby!

Plus I could use the "vacation" from work! :giggle2:

crunch!910 02-25-2012 10:42 AM

This one hurts me too when he moves/stretches. I'm smaller this time, ut I also am not gaining the 80lbs I did with DS1. But my belly feels soooooo tight. I still have loose skin (thanks to 9lb 13oz DS1), but the muscle and other tissue I guess in my belly is what feels so extremely tight!

It'd be nice if there was any chance at all of him coming before my EDD, but I know that won't happen... so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the long haul and tell myself I'm really truly not that uncomfortable and to expect 7 more weeks (2+ the 5wks to my EDD).

umphreysmommy 02-25-2012 11:12 AM

I was feeling ready (due 1 week from Monday) but started getting sick yesterday now I just don't want to go into labor at all until I am 100% again. I couldn't sleep well last night and my throat is sore and I am congested today. After that though I can go anytime :)

I am not expecting to go before my due date anymore, I did really think I would because my original date was 2/13 but nothing has really been happening so who knows.

Thankfully I really don't feel too uncomfortable, I am big and everything but still feel good especially compared to how awful I felt at the end with DD.

SageR 02-25-2012 02:02 PM

This baby is smaller than my first two so his movements are pretty amazing. He's got enough room so he can really move around without it being uncomfortable for me. I totally feel what is a foot, what is a hand...I think I will really miss that. But, I am totally over my aching hips, my sore/sticky breasts, and the heartburn. I am looking forward to not sleeping with 4 different pillows propped up around me and having to pee every half hour too.

Oh, and yes, I am really really really looking forward to my babymoon "vacation". Nothing to do but lie in bed with my babe for a couple weeks. I will probably get sick of it after a week and I know my house will be a disaster but I am totally fantasizing about how great it will be!

cdmomma2 02-25-2012 06:10 PM

I'm with you ladies. It's time to get the baby out of my body. The midwife was actually encouraging me to get baby out early cuz at 35 1/2 weeks he was already measuring close to 8 lbs. when we got home I looked at my hubby and told him to be prepared cuz I'm totally using him to get this baby out sooner than later. That and acupressure hopefully we can get things moving. I've already been contracting for 4 days now, but i went 2 weeks with ds1. Good luck ladies...the countdown has truly began for all of us

MyKzooFamily 02-25-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageR (Post 14709773)
This baby is smaller than my first two so his movements are pretty amazing. He's got enough room so he can really move around without it being uncomfortable for me. I totally feel what is a foot, what is a hand...I think I will really miss that. But, I am totally over my aching hips, my sore/sticky breasts, and the heartburn. I am looking forward to not sleeping with 4 different pillows propped up around me and having to pee every half hour too.

I'm the same way! Before I was only able to feel a mass of baby, and kicking or punching. This time, I can feel her little hand rubbing up against mine when I hold my belly, and her elbow and little foot. I LOVE it. It makes me really nervous that she is smaller, but I'm hoping it's OK. I also hate the heartburn, and the crazy amount of pillows I have to have. I think if she felt bigger, I would feel better about delivering earlier, but it is making me nervous if I do go early, that she will be ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmomma2 (Post 14710777)
I'm with you ladies. It's time to get the baby out of my body. The midwife was actually encouraging me to get baby out early cuz at 35 1/2 weeks he was already measuring close to 8 lbs. when we got home I looked at my hubby and told him to be prepared cuz I'm totally using him to get this baby out sooner than later. That and acupressure hopefully we can get things moving. I've already been contracting for 4 days now, but i went 2 weeks with ds1. Good luck ladies...the countdown has truly began for all of us

Holy cow, 4 days of contractions, that is no fun!! If hubby doesn't help, try the Evening Primrose Oil, and insert two vaginally at night. Those work the same as sperm and ripen and soften the cervix. I've been using those since I do NOT feel like DTD (poor DH), so hopefully my cervix will be ready when contractions start!

*LizziesLoops* 02-25-2012 08:23 PM

I am SOOO there with you! Baby's head is down really low and he rotates from posterior to anterior regularly. My hips have been horrible too. -_- He's estimated at 9lbs 6oz. and fairly long...I'm guessing this will be my 21 in. baby...he feels longer than the girls did. I have 2 weeks left and I'm just PRAYING that he doesn't decide to be late -_- Mikayla was 41 weeks when we induced her. This one has shown very very few signs of getting ready to move. -_-

m&m&m 02-25-2012 08:27 PM

I am so ready to be done too! I'll be 40 weeks on Tuesday and while I think it would be need to have a leap year baby I have been having contractions (not super intense ones) for the last 2.5 weeks straight. The last couple days more of them have been more intense so I am hoping that is a sign that things are almost ready. I was checked 1.5 weeks ago and I was 1.5cm dialated and 70% effaced. I started doing EPO on Monday both orally and vaginally. The painful thing is when Mavick stretches and feels like he is trying to cut my cervix with a pocket knife up in there. I made a joke to DH that I told him we should have named him MacGyver as he is already plotting a way to escape my womb!!