Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Periods after C-sections... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358640)

raisingcropsandbabies 02-25-2012 03:01 PM

Periods after C-sections...

I've had 3 c-sections (4 babies). After my 2nd and 3rd c-sections, my periods are horrible! So painful and I feel like my whole insides are just gonna fall out. I broke my tailbone having my first child and it also gives me a lot of pain when I have my periods since my 2nd c-section as well.

Was wondering if any other c-section mamas have had a difference in their periods since having c-sections? Good or bad?

magoose 02-26-2012 05:22 AM

Re: Periods after C-sections...

I've only had one c/s so far (soon will be two!) and I don't remember any significant changes with my period after. My first PP period was pretty heavy and crampy, but not really any worse than before I went on BC.

starfairy1980 02-26-2012 06:09 AM

I had an unwanted/unplaned CS w/ my only child. My PPAF are HORRIBLE. I couldn't wait to get done EPing so I could go on birth control. I'm not crampy, I use a cup, but it is soooo heavy. I used to only have one heavy day, now its 3. UGH.

P!nkPepper 02-26-2012 12:14 PM

I am currently having my second pp period after 3 c/s. It is terrible. Not horrible campy but so very heavy. I am bleeding through pads & clothing like crazy. I went to the ER last night because I was weak & dizzy. They did many tests & everything was fine so they say. Just my body resetting itself after the baby. I am still super weak, tired & bled through 2 more outfits since my visit. I hope it slows down soon so I can leave my house. No way I am chancing a mess in public.

Computermama 02-26-2012 05:49 PM

C-sections can cause endometriosis, one of the main symptoms of which are hideously painful periods. Not saying that's what you have, but it's a possibility. I've only had one section and ended up with it, it caused horrible screaming pain during my period, large ovarian cysts and secondary infertility. For most women taking hormonal birth control can lessen the symptoms, however hormonal birth control is not an option for me - I turn into a vomiting migraine factory. It might be worth a trip to your Gyn to rule it out.

Fusion 02-26-2012 08:10 PM

I had no change in my periods after my c-section.

babycat42 02-26-2012 08:14 PM

After 3 c-sections flow is heavier and the the mood swings when pmsing are so much worse. I don't know what it was like after the 1st and 2nd c-sections because I only had one period before I got pregnant again.

smilewithme 02-26-2012 08:19 PM

My cramping has been a lot worse since mine. But it was after my natural for awhile too.

raisingcropsandbabies 02-27-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickshep19 (Post 14713944)
I am currently having my second pp period after 3 c/s. It is terrible. Not horrible campy but so very heavy. I am bleeding through pads & clothing like crazy. I went to the ER last night because I was weak & dizzy. They did many tests & everything was fine so they say. Just my body resetting itself after the baby. I am still super weak, tired & bled through 2 more outfits since my visit. I hope it slows down soon so I can leave my house. No way I am chancing a mess in public.

-I got dizzy yesterday too! I started back up drinking chlorophyl and I think it's helping. So sorry you are having this too!

raisingcropsandbabies 02-27-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Computermama (Post 14715364)
C-sections can cause endometriosis, one of the main symptoms of which are hideously painful periods. Not saying that's what you have, but it's a possibility. I've only had one section and ended up with it, it caused horrible screaming pain during my period, large ovarian cysts and secondary infertility. For most women taking hormonal birth control can lessen the symptoms, however hormonal birth control is not an option for me - I turn into a vomiting migraine factory. It might be worth a trip to your Gyn to rule it out.

Interesting... another bummer about c-sections, I guess. :( Do you know if women with endo. pass a lot of clots during their period? Sorry if that is TMI. I'm also so sorry to hear about your infertility. I heard that can happen and can't imagine having to go through that. For lack of a better term, that really sucks. :( I choose not to take hormonal bc so that is not an option for me.