Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Off brand gerber good start protect plus? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359481)

fiveofhearts 02-27-2012 12:49 PM

Off brand gerber good start protect plus?

Are there any off brands for good start protect plus? Cheapest place to buy it ? Thanks :)

rkw 03-10-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Off brand gerber good start protect plus?

I wish there is one that I knew of but do not. We used that and it was great for my son.

mms1972 03-11-2012 09:02 AM

I THINK maybe target has one? I know they have off brands of similac and enfamil-- maybe check there!

RockinLou 03-19-2012 01:21 PM

or, where do you find the best deals on GoodStart? I've been trying to wean my DS for 2 months, and this is finally one he will drink (just to spite me and cause me to buy a nestle product, I'm sure! LOL )

ArmyWifeBethany 04-28-2012 02:17 PM

We used Good Start Protect for a long time until we were finally able to switch to Target's Gentle brand. We made the switch right around the time she started solids, and it was a very smooth transition! It's not a perfect match as far as the ingredients go, but it worked for us.

treegirl75 04-29-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyWifeBethany
We used Good Start Protect for a long time until we were finally able to switch to Target's Gentle brand. We made the switch right around the time she started solids, and it was a very smooth transition! It's not a perfect match as far as the ingredients go, but it worked for us.

This is what we're doing right now. Trying to switch from Goodstart Protect to Target gentle with broken down whey proteins. I'll be adding probiotics to the target brand once we get fully switched, we're only at half and half right now.

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

andreaw97 05-02-2012 11:02 AM

I dont think there is a off brand for Good start. From all the reasearch I have done noone has been able to dupicalte there formula.

treegirl75 05-05-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treegirl75

This is what we're doing right now. Trying to switch from Goodstart Protect to Target gentle with broken down whey proteins. I'll be adding probiotics to the target brand once we get fully switched, we're only at half and half right now.

Well, back to Goodstart it is! We made it to day 4 of the switch, and when we got to the 50/50 mix, dd started screaming again like she was in pain. Switched back to 100% Goodstart, and she slept 9 hours straight last night! I will happily spend the extra money since there's no "off brand" if it means a happy baby!

Ambystoma 05-06-2012 08:45 PM

I hate that there is no off brand good start. That is the best formula for us hands down. Oh well, it may be pricier but you can't put a price on a baby sleeping soundly for 9 hours!

andreaw97 05-07-2012 08:00 AM

WOW! 9 hrs???? I am so jealous. We used it for my 2 oldest and it was a life saver. this baby was really gassy on it. I was shocked. We now use Enfamil gentleease and he is doing great. If you have any enfamil coups I can send you some good start ones:)