Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Recommend your HE washer (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359806)

Maurisa74 02-28-2012 05:45 AM

Recommend your HE washer

So Sears has still not fixed my Kenmore washer. They have until the 1st to get the part here and get the washer fixed. If they don't then they have to honor my request for a replacement washer. I know we all complain a lot about our HE washers, but I want to hear some raves. Currently I have a FLer.

What washer do you have that you love? Is it a top loader or front loader? I want something that gets the hot water wash super hot for my diapers. Other than that I don't have any requirements.

Thanks!

mrsbernstein 02-28-2012 05:56 AM

Re: Recommend your HE washer

I LOVE my Kenmore! I do!

It's 7 years old, and their basic $500 FL. No super bells or whistles. 4 cycles. And my diapers are CLEAN.

Oh, and it can fit 16 pairs of jeans! Who wouldn't love that!

Mrs B

Kelly3139 02-28-2012 06:37 AM

I am just following bc I was wondering the same thing :)

aries416 02-28-2012 06:47 AM

I'm on my 2nd LG (moved) and it's the steam set this time. I have had zero issues with either set. LOVE them both!

MaMaJodiapers 02-28-2012 06:58 AM

I hate my fridgidaire- but it is 10 years old- never cleaned anything well- i am looking to replace it so i want rave reviews also

lynn97 02-28-2012 12:26 PM

I have an LG TL washer and the matching dryer. They are the Wave Series. Love 'em!!

alaskamum 02-28-2012 01:20 PM

I would say to avoid Samsung FL--at least the lower end models (like under $900--ha! can you believe I'm calling that lower end). They are designed to use more cold water than hot water on the hot cycle, at least that is what the repairman told me. My normal hot cycle was only about 80 degrees, the warm cycle was just plain cold.
My Samsung is getting exchanged on Thursday and replaced with a Whirlpool. I am really hoping it uses the correct temperature of water.
Find out the return policy of the store you are buying from, big box stores will probably have a 30 day return/exchange policy. Or, I wish I would have gone with a local appliance place in the first place, they probably would have known a little more about the product they were selling.

alaskamum 02-28-2012 01:20 PM

dp--but I could go on about the Samsung...
It does get hot on the Sanitary cycle. But not on the quick or normal cycles. Heavy duty does get to about 110 degrees on hot, but it takes 2:39 with the extra rinse.

kangasox 02-28-2012 01:27 PM

I love my Bosch Nexxt FL. It gets stuff so clean, and I've had no repair issues (except a clogged drain from a nursing pad once!). It has so many cycles to choose from, and it has a built in heater that will make the sanitize cycle some ridiculous temperature. Like, if you open it when it has just stopped, you will have a hard time touching the clothes. I only use that cycle occasionally. I have no compliants about my washer at all. Oh, and I've had it about 5 years.

Maurisa74 02-28-2012 04:14 PM

Thank you all. Any more opinions...the part still didn't arrive. On the first I am calling to request a replacement. I would love to already have the exact washer picked out. Thanks!