Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why am I afraid of using the dryer? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360271)

SorSam 02-29-2012 09:59 AM

I have always lined dried our CDs and if I have to use the dryer I feel like I am cheating on the savings of using cloth diapers or that I will ruin my diapers.
I work full time, don't get home till almost 7pm and have lots of thing to do when I do get home.
(dinner,HW with my 6yr old, housework, etc...) by the time I finish and have to do diaper laundry I am exhausted.
I think of cd stuffing time as my relaxing time but putting them on the line is really time consuming sometimes.
I think I just needed to vent here. Sorry...
Is it really a big difference to line dry them? What has been your experience if you've done both?

PS: And YES, I will admit I have an addiction to cloth diapers!!! :)

southernbelle04 02-29-2012 10:02 AM

Re: Why am I afraid of using the dryer?

I line dry in the spring & summer but I use the dryer for most of the fall & winter. My diapers are still in great shape. I do dry on medium (although I've seen people dry on high and still have no issues). The only difference I've noticed is that when I line dry, they have that great "outdoor" smell. :)

littlerabbits 02-29-2012 10:30 AM

I never line dry, and sometimes I over dry my diapers. Never had any problems with them, even after doing this for 2 years with some of them.

Cherise1502 02-29-2012 10:30 AM

I use my dryer all the time!!! I don't dry covers or pocket shells but everything else and my diapers look great after 18 months

johnsbabymama 02-29-2012 10:34 AM

i do love the outdoor smell of line drying. But really, the dryer works great and won't ruin the diapers on those days your just too tired. I would still line dry covers though. those really do last longer when line dried. don't be affraid. Really your dipes will be fine :)

AZmommy 02-29-2012 10:41 AM

I alwasy dryer dry high heat and never an issue.

Kabuki24 02-29-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorSam (Post 14728206)
I have always lined dried our CDs and if I have to use the dryer I feel like I am cheating on the savings of using cloth diapers or that I will ruin my diapers.
I work full time, don't get home till almost 7pm and have lots of thing to do when I do get home.
(dinner,HW with my 6yr old, housework, etc...) by the time I finish and have to do diaper laundry I am exhausted.
I think of cd stuffing time as my relaxing time but putting them on the line is really time consuming sometimes.
I think I just needed to vent here. Sorry...
Is it really a big difference to line dry them? What has been your experience if you've done both?

PS: And YES, I will admit I have an addiction to cloth diapers!!! :)

Momma, use your dryer! It's okay. You are under a lot of pressure (I know, I'm there right with ya).

MamaJules 02-29-2012 11:42 AM

I work full time too. I am so thankful that my daycare will use our cloth diapers, so I don't worry about the extra cost of using the dryer. For me, it comes down to a choice -- I can use cloth and use the dryer, or I can line dry and use sposies since I don't have the time. I have put our dipes in the dryer since we started cloth almost 3 1/2 years ago. My son used our medium Bottom Bumpers (which I bought used) for over a year, and now DS2 has been using the same diapers for over a year. Yeah, the inners are looking pretty ratty but the pul is still holding strong. Some of the elastic is shot, but that hasn't been an issue. I do recommend if you use the dryer that you let them cool off before stuff -- stretching hot or warm elastic will make it die faster.

hpfgirl 02-29-2012 11:53 AM

The only thing I won't put in the dryer is velcro. Everything else is fine if you dry on medium.

4kids4me 02-29-2012 02:40 PM

I put everything in the dryer without any issues.