Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pack your bags! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13613)

Manna00 06-12-2006 06:52 AM

Pack your bags!

In the next few days I really need to go on and pack my bag for the hospital. I know I've read "what the pack" in about a million magazines... but what did you all find that you NEEDED to pack--what did you find you WISHED you packed and what did you find you were HAPPY you packed?

At this point, my brain is pretty null and void with remembering things--so any and all advice is appreciated with getting my hospital bag packed up!

Ideas:

-What clothes did you pack? Did you really need to bring your own nightgown?
- Did you bring any "specials"? ( music, pics of family, etc)
- How many "granny panties" did you bring along? Did you bring your own PP pads or just use the ones from the hospital?
- What clothes did you bring along to bring home your little baby? How many outfits? Did you have a special "Coming home" outfit? (this is a hot debate in my family... )
- Did you bring your own pump just in case? OUr hospital will "give" you the tubes to use their Medelas... and then the parts can be made into a manual pump... but I already have an Isis.. so I"d rather not have that little gift on my insurance. :)
- Anything else I'm not thinking of.. I'm sure there are lots!

Help out a new soon-to-be mama! I'm 37 weeks today and hoping in the next week we'll have som action!

Thanks~

AmandaSue22 06-12-2006 07:07 AM

Re: Pack your bags!

I over packed ALOT lol

I much preferred wearing the hospital gowns, you will ruin your pjs, trust me lol. If your having a natural type of labor and you can walk I highly suggest some slipper socks. Baby book (so they can put foot prints in it). Camera. A loose fitting going home outfit! Babies going home outfit. I didnt bring a pump at all, didnt need it. Camera and batteries. CAR SEAT! lol Nursing Bra is best too, and bring some breast pads.

Let the hospital give you the granny panties and the pads, they are made for throwing away!!

AmandaSue22 06-12-2006 07:08 AM

The hospital will give you diapers and wipes and some other stuff, some samples of things. Tell them you want to try to breastfeed but might do formula, then you get a nice diaper bag free lol

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 06-12-2006 07:09 AM

I am right there with you momma. I was just writing the list for my bag as I read your post. I am having a c-section and will be there a few days, so I guessI will pack more than most. Last time I only packed a few things, but since I had an emergency c-section my dh and mil had to bring up a bunch of stuff. I was there for 5 days. Here is what I am planning to pack so far:

Robe
Toiletries
cotton pants/tshirts (worked great for me last time)
nursing bras
hair ties
slippers
a boppy pillow
a few outfits for baby (I cannot deceide what he should come home it):blush:
Some presents for DD from baby so she feels at home when she visits
my iPod
insurance cards
cd's

Hope that helps you out some:) I will be watching this post too to see if I am forgeting anything important

AmandaSue22 06-12-2006 07:20 AM

I am so glad I brought the baby book, when they did the feet prints on her birth certificate they did my book at the sme time, its the best item besides stacie herself from that day lol I now have her feet prints tattood on my shoulder on my back.

smugsmilz 06-12-2006 07:34 AM

Take shower products that smell good. They may give you stuff to use at the hospital but nothing makes you feel human again than showering in your favorite scent.

Seems rather trivial but has made a big difference for me with my first two and hopefully with this next one, should he ever make an appearance!

Psychomom 06-12-2006 08:01 AM

What clothes did you pack? Did you really need to bring your own nightgown? I brought comfy clothes to wear during the day when I would have visitors, etc, and my own pajamas, but nothing fancy, just p.j. pants and an oversized shirt.

Did you bring any "specials"? ( music, pics of family, etc) I brought a picture of my older children.

How many "granny panties" did you bring along? Did you bring your own PP pads or just use the ones from the hospital? I used everything from the hospital, even the disposable panties. They were surprisingly comfortable! They were kind of a mesh fabric and very stretch, and they held the big pads in place very well.

What clothes did you bring along to bring home your little baby? How many outfits? Did you have a special "Coming home" outfit? (this is a hot debate in my family... ) I had an outfit for pictures, and that's what I brought the baby home in, too. The rest of the hospital stay they just wore the hospital issued t-shirt.

Did you bring your own pump just in case? OUr hospital will "give" you the tubes to use their Medelas... and then the parts can be made into a manual pump... but I already have an Isis.. so I"d rather not have that little gift on my insurance. No, but I always went home within 24-36 hours. My milk doesn't come in that fast.

fouradss 06-12-2006 08:20 AM

The best thing that I packed was my bottle of Sweet Pea body wash. :goodvibes: After a 27 hour labor a shower made me feel wonderful. Having my own stuff was just that much better! I also brought my own pads, jammies, comfy clothes. I also brought some nb sposies because the hospital dipes were huge. (I didn't use cd yet)

I brought a couple of bag sleepers for dd, but didn't really use them. She just wore the tee that the hospital provided. I did have a coming home and picture outfit.

Wish I would have taken her book so that they could do footprints in it. That is such a great idea. I'll have to remember it for the future!

Goodluck with your birth

Don't forget the camera!!!!

KV Boo 06-12-2006 08:28 AM

What clothes did you pack? Did you really need to bring your own nightgown? I brought 2 pairs of pj's i don't like there gowns

Did you bring any "specials"? ( music, pics of family, etc) I always bring my laptop or a book and a picture of my daughters.

How many "granny panties" did you bring along? Did you bring your own PP pads or just use the ones from the hospital? I always bring extra panties cause you never know when you will have an accident and i just use there pads.

What clothes did you bring along to bring home your little baby? How many outfits? Did you have a special "Coming home" outfit? (this is a hot debate in my family... ) I bring the 1 outfit for the baby to come home in and usually i just take a pair of loose clothes for me to come home in.

Anything else I'm not thinking of.. I'm sure there are lots! Don't forget to bring your own toiletries and i like to bring my own pacifier for the baby plus slippers and socks.

Merolu 06-12-2006 08:38 AM

oops, duplicate post, sorry