Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Anybody know? Preg w twins. Baby A is breech..will she still be delivered first? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362336)

nurselizzy4 03-04-2012 08:36 PM

Anybody know? Preg w twins. Baby A is breech..will she still be delivered first?

Or would baby B be delivered 1st? Ive tried googling this but havent figured it out yet.
I kinda think the dr would probably grab baby b then turn baby a and get her out 2nd..

By the way, I have to have a csection anyway..3 prior csections and an abruption history...just curious which girl will be born 1st.

ANYBODY KNOW???

Thanks! :giggle:

lindsaymoo 03-12-2012 09:48 PM

Re: Anybody know? Preg w twins. Baby A is breech..will she still be delivered first?

I'm pretty sure A will still be first because traditionally A is the baby whos plcenta is closest to the cervix according to my ob, so that baby will be closer to the insicsion. My twins were both transverse/breach which is why I ended up with a c/s since they would both have to move in the same direction or baby A would have had to fold in half:laugh: At any rate, they both ended up coming out breach, A first then B. Since is a c/s it dosen't really matter how they come out since they are still in the sack and all.
Congrats btw, twins rock!

kristinc 03-13-2012 12:12 AM

Re: Anybody know? Preg w twins. Baby A is breech..will she still be delivered first?

I would say baby A would be delivered first. And like pp said they will grab whatever body part is closest to the incision. There isn't the same risk of the head getting caught coming out via c-section as there is with vaginal breech birth.

Mine were born A first, then B, D & C last. It will happen very quickly. Prob about a minute or so apart! It is crazy!

How far along are you?

nurselizzy4 03-14-2012 10:40 AM

thanks so much ladies!! i am very excited about having twins...I only expected to have 1 more child (which would have made 7 total..but SURPRISE!!! TWINS!!!)
ill be 35 wks friday so it will be any day now :) im just nesting and trying to get the house perfect! WHY??? theres no point..itll just get messed up again by the time i get home from the hospital!

anyway, thanks so much for your input...and WOW micropreemie quads! amazing!! so precious!

i have always viewed by baby A as Elysia and my baby B as Sienna but we decided that whichever one came first was Elysia so I was feeling kinda weird when baby B turned again to vertex (and LOL baby B is breech again! lil gymnast!!)
anyway, thanks again ladies for your replies!!
May God bless you both!!