Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   May 2011 Mamas - March Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363289)

juliabell 03-06-2012 03:56 PM

May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

I don't think this has been started yet, so I figured I'd go ahead and do so.

Can you believe, another month!? So close to 1 year! It's blowing my mind. Anyone planning bday celebrations yet? We are having ours at a local park under a pavilion you can rent that has an outdoor fireplace and faux native american stuff (we're in the Pacific Northwest, after all.) I'm thinking of doing rainbow theme - never was into those themes that were all commercial and brands. Plus DS doesn't really have much a preference at this age! :giggle:

DS has been working on upper teeth something fierce. Lots of drooling. And today at naptime he just CRIED. I felt so bad. I gave him Hylands and hopefully it will help him nap better.

It is SUNNY here today after waking up to snow? Gorgeous. Need to get outside and start weeding and prepping for some gardening! YAY.

watermelon 03-06-2012 07:58 PM

Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Oh your poor little guy. My girls just still have those bottom 2 teeth. I hope his pop out soon so he feels better!

I can't wait to hear about all the birthday celebration plans :goodvibes:. We had the girls baptized and a bunch of my family came down. Then we all went swimming at the hotel. It was low-key and fun.

You had snow today? We went outside in our swimsuits :giggle:. It was just warm enough to get a bit of sun.

Tippytoe 03-07-2012 06:10 PM

We're teething something fierce over here!! She has been biting me so bad, I'm fearful of nursing her at times. I'm freaked out she's going to actually take it off lol. She has five adorably sharp teeth in now ( three upper and two lower).

I have been thinking about first birthday plans. I think we'll have her party at home. I'd love to have it somewhere else so I don't have the huge aftermath to clean up!! I can't decide on a theme, yet. But I want to do something unique. The rainbows sound adorable!! :-)

Two days ago it was nearly 80* here. Then it dropped back into the low 60's with this super cold wind.

Here's a recent pic of my girl.

Attachment 97966

justineybean 03-07-2012 08:14 PM

Thanks for starting the new thread Julia! I totally veged on that this month. :blush: You know I feel like I can barely keep my head on lately. Not sure what's changed but it feels very chaotic around my house the past few weeks. I can't wait to come back and check in tomorrow when I have time. Loved reading your updates! :hugs:

Oh yeah! Can everyone who wants to do the birthday swap PM me your e-mail address? Julia I have yours - been meaning to get back to you. :) I'll try to do that tomorrow too!

Tippytoe 03-07-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justineybean
You know I feel like I can barely keep my head on lately. Not sure what's changed but it feels very chaotic around my house the past few weeks.

THIS IS ME!! That is the main reason I had to take a DS break. I don't know if it's because the baby is getting bigger and trying to do more? Not sure. But my older two have been a handful lately, too.

I miss you girls and reading what's going on with the babies!!

juliabell 03-07-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tippytoe (Post 14769375)
THIS IS ME!! That is the main reason I had to take a DS break. I don't know if it's because the baby is getting bigger and trying to do more? Not sure. But my older two have been a handful lately, too.

I miss you girls and reading what's going on with the babies!!

ME TOO! Isn't it weird? Maybe the changing seasons. I think here it's the pulling up, cruising around business. All of sudden I have to be ALERT. ALL. THE. TIME.

Yeah, we had snow :P One of the benefits of living here, I suppose. I like colder/rainier weather, so it's no big deal. It has been sunny for a day or so and so I've felt really productive and in clean house mode. DS has found some things I do VERY funny while on the Ergo on my back. Hedgetrimming made him hysterical with laughter. I think the noise the shears made was funny to him. And today it was coughing. He's also been attempting to feed me and then pulls it away last minute. How he learned that trick, I have no idea.

The TEETH. DS only nurses after sleeps - so in the AM, and after his two naps. He just won't have it any other time. Sometimes for 20 seconds or so, but my letdown is slow and he gets distracted. So, when he's still sleepy, in the dark, is the best time for me. If he's worked up, that's when I'll get bit. Not good!

Today we had our first call to Poison Control Center!!! I gave the dog her dinner with her flea meds in it (just a pill) and didn't think anything of it. Later, DS was playing with her bowl and then crawled over to me chewing on something. I thought it was carpet fuzz since he has a tendency to pick that up and eat it but then he spit out this white stuff and the pill! I think once he got past the coating they put on the pill it got bitter and he didn't like it anymore. PC said it should be fine and to just give him water. But ugh, don't you feel like an idiot when you call and have to explain?? "My baby got a hold of one of my dog's flea pills. Is that toxic?" :yuck:

watermelon 03-08-2012 04:42 PM

Tippytoe great picture. So much beautiful hair!

Juliebell - my oldest brushed her teeth w/ Desitin when she was 5...FYI don't worry if your little one ever does that. When I called Poison Control I wanted to explain..."she is the oldest of 4 and so very self-sufficient...Dad left it on the counter...etc.etc.etc!"

juliabell 03-08-2012 11:38 PM

I got into boxes of old clothes today. Nothing about it made me happy!

The first was maternity clothes. I liked the feeling of being pregnant and fat and happy and not worrying about my belly sticking out. I felt really good about my body while pregnant.

The second was my "skinny" clothes. I just recently started using this app "myfitnesspal" to lose the extra weight. I brought out my skinny clothes so I'd have incentive. It just made me bummed because I can't fit into them and all my fat clothes are ugly :(

This is a very vanity centered post, I realize. And I'm not normally like this. Any other day I'd just go eat something! :giggle: How's everybody else doing with this stuff? Please tell me I'm not the only one who dropped 20lbs right after having the baby and then just stalled out for 8 months...

Tippytoe 03-09-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliabell
I got into boxes of old clothes today. Nothing about it made me happy!

The first was maternity clothes. I liked the feeling of being pregnant and fat and happy and not worrying about my belly sticking out. I felt really good about my body while pregnant.

The second was my "skinny" clothes. I just recently started using this app "myfitnesspal" to lose the extra weight. I brought out my skinny clothes so I'd have incentive. It just made me bummed because I can't fit into them and all my fat clothes are ugly :(

This is a very vanity centered post, I realize. And I'm not normally like this. Any other day I'd just go eat something! :giggle: How's everybody else doing with this stuff? Please tell me I'm not the only one who dropped 20lbs right after having the baby and then just stalled out for 8 months...

I lost about that much after having her and have been stagnant ever since! You're not alone ;-). It's difficult to see all my clothes that I can't fit into, though. And I totally hate the clothes that fit. I feel as though I wear the same things over and over. But I refuse to go buy clothes that fit lol. I neeeeeeed to just lose this weight.

juliabell 03-09-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tippytoe (Post 14777473)
I lost about that much after having her and have been stagnant ever since! You're not alone ;-). It's difficult to see all my clothes that I can't fit into, though. And I totally hate the clothes that fit. I feel as though I wear the same things over and over. But I refuse to go buy clothes that fit lol. I neeeeeeed to just lose this weight.

This is how I felt. Especially since we're going on a cruise end of May and I REFUSE to buy a new "fat" dress. I'm liking using this app that I got. It's easy to track as I go along the day since I always have my phone. And it can scan barcodes and identify just about anything easily.

Hopped on the scale today - 2lbs down in a week! So something must be working. I'm hungryish often, but I know when I lost weight before having DS I went through a week or two of feeling more hungry and then my body adjusted. We'll see!

It was funny, as I pulled out all my old jeans they all still had their elastic on the fly button from when I was pregnant, LOL.