Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Multiple c section question. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364378)

ssgrobswifey 03-08-2012 08:32 PM

Multiple c section question.

Unsure of where this would go..

I'm on my third pregnancy, 29 weeks and I've had two prior sections, this one will be #3.

For whatever reason I continuously have ridiculously sharp pains in my pelvic area. More so then my last two. I'm assuming basically from my body just stretching and what not. But, today I went to get out of bed and had what I would describe as a popping, burning sensation right on my incision site. Hurt so bad I had to immediately lay down, apply pressure, and not move.

Anyone experience this? It's not the first time it's happened, but definitely the worst.

ashersmomoo 03-08-2012 08:51 PM

No, I would call my ob immediately. Could be a torn ligament or something wrong with your incision. I would guess the former from the pop sound. I hope you feel better!!! This is #3 for me too! Good luck!

maple79vt 03-08-2012 08:59 PM

Re: Multiple c section question.

I'd definitely check in with my doc too. I go by the better to be safe then sorry philosophy. I do know that I experienced different feelings with my insision site this past pregnancy that were all fine, just my body stretching and changing.

raisingcropsandbabies 03-09-2012 06:58 AM

I also had this with my 4th pregnancy (3rd c-section baby). The doctor said the pain is due to a decrease of blood flow to the scar tissue after multiple c/s and because of the pregnancy everything is stretching, but it's painful because that part is not getting good flow. Said it's totally normal and was not worried at all! I was like, "It feels like the baby is just gonna pop through the incision also!" Again, he was not worried. Didn't end up being a problem, but it sure does hurt!

HeatherDanae 03-09-2012 08:02 AM

I've had 4 c-sections, going on my 5th, and although yes, there is definitely pain with your ligaments and body stretching, I've never heard a "popping" sound. I would call your OB immediately. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to past incisions. :thumbsup:

ssgrobswifey 03-09-2012 04:50 PM

I appreciate y'alls feedback. I spoke with the nurse at my ob's today and explained to her exactly what happened and she insisted I was/am just constipated. Which I'm not.. Being my third pregnancy, I know the difference lol. But anyway, she recommended a warm compress and Tylenol. I maybe making a trip to the hospital, otherwise I'll wait it out til Tuesday with my appt with my perinatologist. So we shall see. I have SPD, which I'm use too.. But this is different than that. Also different from the regular ligament pain we all experience from multiple sections. ;)

ashersmomoo 03-09-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgrobswifey
I appreciate y'alls feedback. I spoke with the nurse at my ob's today and explained to her exactly what happened and she insisted I was/am just constipated. Which I'm not.. Being my third pregnancy, I know the difference lol. But anyway, she recommended a warm compress and Tylenol. I maybe making a trip to the hospital, otherwise I'll wait it out til Tuesday with my appt with my perinatologist. So we shall see. I have SPD, which I'm use too.. But this is different than that. Also different from the regular ligament pain we all experience from multiple sections. ;)

Good luck! Let us know what they say! Although, why on earth would she say constipated??? Lol. Bizarre. I hope you are feeling better soon. I'd take it easy and if you feel worse (or not better), just go in.

Fusion 03-09-2012 10:22 PM

It could have been scar tissue and adhesions breaking up. The layers can heal together and then split apart again when stretched out.

Designsbybequi 03-13-2012 08:33 PM

Constipation! Ha ha ha. That's crazy. I've been constipated and never heard a popping sound with pain! Wow, anyway, I'm guessing scar adhesion breaking, which should feel better if loosed now. I would still have it checked out. Are you due for an ultrasound soon? Maybe they can scan the area or scar.