Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Does your belly make high pitch noises? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364822)

tygr2410 03-09-2012 07:45 PM

Does your belly make high pitch noises?

I'm 31 weeks tomorrow, and the past few weeks i can hear the belly make a noise a few times a day, unpredictable though or i'd try to capture it on video...like a "clink"...i googled, didn't find much aside from other parenting type forums...wondering if anyone else here has heard it, and what you think it is (i have no idea, and i'm SO curious!)

someone on another forum put it best in that it sounds like if you were to hit two pennies together

ETA- thisis my fourth babe and i dont recall hearing it with any of the others....or if i did it was just a one time thing...this time, i hear it a few times a day

KatrinaLoves 03-09-2012 09:41 PM

:popcorn:

Mamata3 03-09-2012 10:54 PM

My friends belly always clicked with bothe of her girls, it sounded like knuckles cracking. It was kinda gross (I don't like when ppl crack knuckles). I think she got it on video with her first. I will asker her if she did get it if I can share it.

Oh BTW her doc never cared and her babies came out normal.

gabesmamamadeit 03-10-2012 04:25 PM

Re: Does your belly make high pitch noises?

Could it be your intestines or stomach draining?

tygr2410 03-10-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabesmamamadeit (Post 14783365)
Could it be your intestines or stomach draining?

No, I don't think so..I don't feel anything, and it just sounds quick, like 1/2 a second. Not predictable and doesn't repeat..it's so weird!

Mamata3 03-10-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamata3
My friends belly always clicked with bothe of her girls, it sounded like knuckles cracking. It was kinda gross (I don't like when ppl crack knuckles). I think she got it on video with her first. I will asker her if she did get it if I can share it.

Oh BTW her doc never cared and her babies came out normal.

ETA she said she doesn't want me to share her video (I understand) but man it's creepy sounding. Hope you can record yours :)

tygr2410 03-10-2012 09:19 PM

understandable:thumbsup:

it is weird...like, communicating from the inside lol! I've read on several other sites about bellies clicking...creepy yet ammusing

ashayla&acensmom 03-10-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygr2410
I'm 31 weeks tomorrow, and the past few weeks i can hear the belly make a noise a few times a day, unpredictable though or i'd try to capture it on video...like a "clink"...i googled, didn't find much aside from other parenting type forums...wondering if anyone else here has heard it, and what you think it is (i have no idea, and i'm SO curious!)

someone on another forum put it best in that it sounds like if you were to hit two pennies together

ETA- thisis my fourth babe and i dont recall hearing it with any of the others....or if i did it was just a one time thing...this time, i hear it a few times a day

I am almost 36 weeks, and this has been happening to me for over a month now... And I remember it happening a couple times in my last pregnancy too! It is weird, but nothing to worry about. I did ask my dr about it, he looked at me like I was making it up.. Lol. Strange!

ktmelody 03-10-2012 11:14 PM

Clicking and popping is the 2 sacs rubbing together and releasing trapped air like a joint does. There are 2 sacs , the amnion and chorion.

That is likely what you are hearing.

tygr2410 03-11-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody (Post 14784864)
Clicking and popping is the 2 sacs rubbing together and releasing trapped air like a joint does. There are 2 sacs , the amnion and chorion.

That is likely what you are hearing.

Weird..how does air get in there...or joints for that matter? Lol!

And I'm not worried about it...I just think it's neat :)