Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you pay attention to other women's boobs? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1364856)

marvelous 03-09-2012 09:13 PM

Do you pay attention to other women's boobs?

I'm serious! Let me explain....

I've not been very forthcoming about this pregnancy (total surprise so still adjusting) so I've worn my loosest fitting regular clothes trying to hide my ever bulging belly. I confided in some close coworkers today that I am indeed expecting and one of them said, "I knew it, because your boobs are bigger!"

I mean I guess they are...slightly, but I DON'T dress in a way that draws attention to my chest and I don't pay that much attention to other women's boobs! Could you tell if someone you see on a fairly regular basis is pregnant because of their boobs?

ETA: DON'T, whew that mattered!

champatlife 03-09-2012 09:16 PM

Re: Do you pay attention to other women's boobs?

I look at a lot of boobs (okay that makes me sound like a creep) but I don't think that is how I would notice someone is pregnant, I don't pay that close of attention.

(I look at the shape of uteruses in ultrasounds)

tygr2410 03-09-2012 09:18 PM

Idk if I'd say they were pregnant, but I can def. tell for myself when the girls get to growing lol!

And it depends on said friends prepregnant size...it she was an a or b and suddenly sporting c/d's then yeah, I'd notice.

JennTheMomma 03-09-2012 09:21 PM

Hmm, I guess I've never really noticed. I do look at a lot of boobs, I'm a breastfeeding educator, but I dont' really notice if my close friends boobs have grown.

SeaChellsRun 03-09-2012 11:01 PM

I don't notice at all unless they're popping out of their clothes... You know what I mean! Now I had a friend that went from being completely flat chested to a full B cup and I knew something was up but my friend that went from a D to a F I didn't notice. At first I thought the first girl was wearing padded bras as they don't have the money for cosmetic surgery. :D

VeganCupcake 03-09-2012 11:11 PM

Sometimes you just can't help but notice. I had a coworker who was pregnant (I didn't know it as she hadn't announced) and I noticed her boobs suddenly seemed a lot bigger. It was definitely a clue.

Sabra 03-09-2012 11:51 PM

No, I am too caught up in my own boobs to notice anyone else's. :giggle:

J/k. Actually, I'll look at boobs if they're on display, whether intentionally or not. I am quite often seized by the desire to tell a total stranger her bra wouldn't be nearly so uncomfortable if she'd buy one in the correct size. (It's dumbfounding how many women wear bras that are way too small!)

HeatherlovesCDs 03-10-2012 06:24 AM

I might notice, but I wouldn't assume you were pregnant. I don't go around staring at women's breasts, but I also do notice, especially if they change. ;)

magdalynaa 03-10-2012 07:33 AM

I look at boobs, but I don't think I would notice enough if they were bigger to think someone is pregnant.

I'm kinda oblivious, though. Two coworkers were dating for about a year in my office, and I never noticed. :blush:

sparkygirl74 03-10-2012 07:43 AM

With my first I was pretty small wearing an A cup and by 8 weeks I went up to a DD. It was painful and ridiculous, and I was pretty much a stretchmark from aureolas on out. I looked like I had had a bad boob job and everyone noticed. I have four sisters with large breasts and it was like as soon as I got pregnant my body remembered I was related to them. They all thought it was hilarious, lol.