Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   postpartum headaches? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1365679)

ndmama 03-11-2012 10:49 PM

postpartum headaches?

Since my lo's birth, almost 8 wks ago, I've been getting these headaches. They aren't migraine level but bad enough that I have to take something for them. It's not every day but almost and some days I wake up with one! I forgot to mention it at my pp checkup and I'm wondering if I should call my ob or just give it more time or what? I am a little prone to sinus headaches and occasionally get eye-strain headaches but these are much different from either of those. Has this happened to anyone else? Did the dr have an explanation or do anything? I guess I don't want to waste my time at a drs appt for them to tell me to take advil :blush:

swrlgrl105 03-12-2012 07:50 AM

Re: postpartum headaches?

Keep an eye on those headaches and your blood pressure! After I delivered DS, I had headaches as soon as i got home. When i went in for his 3 day check up, I mentioned it to the Dr. and they took my BP and it was through the roof. They re-checked me 30 min later and still through the roof. Turns out I has post partum pre-eclampsia. I had no idea that was even possible. My BP was PERFECT all throughout my entire pregnancy, so I thought it was really weird, but they said its somewhat common. I had to go on BP meds for a couple of weeks until my body settled down. See your Dr! :) good luck!

ndmama 03-12-2012 11:15 AM

my bp is the first thing i worried about because i have chronic hypertension. but actually my bp has dropped to within a normal range without medication and my dr. took me off my meds (may be hormones or maybe that I've dropped about 15 lbs pp!). And I worried that I was getting spikes so checked my bp at home when I was having a headache and it has always been fine :dunno:

wordmama 03-12-2012 07:09 PM

Did you have an epidural?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ndmama 03-12-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordmama (Post 14793045)
Did you have an epidural?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nope, not this time!

a friend of mine mentioned to me today that low blood pressure can cause headaches too...i wonder if my body is adjusting to having low (normal!) bp and that's why i'm having headaches? :headscratch:

mcl916 03-13-2012 12:01 PM

I've had postpartum headaches for 6+ months now. They started as spinal headaches, but they cleared up after 2 blood patches. Since then they have been dull, daily headaches that are driving me crazy. I've been to a million doctors, tons of meds, acupuncture, chiropractor, neurologist, etc. I'm so tired of them!!! I know this is no help to you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

crunch!910 03-13-2012 02:42 PM

I got them for the first week, I blame the epi.