Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I need some baby shower ideas... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1365960)

Jessi621 03-12-2012 12:45 PM

I need some baby shower ideas...

A friend of mine is expecting her 6th baby. It seems like only her, he dh, kids, closest friends(myself included) and one sister are excited for her. Everyone else is just like, again? So I want to throw her a "Woo HOO!!! You're having another baby!! This is wonderful!!!" kind of baby shower. It'll have to be in about 6wks so I need to get started with things.
I kind of want to something with the number 6, but can't think of how to girly/baby it up. Something with dice? I dunno. Anyone have anyideas? If anything I could always jsut do the typical pink booties and buttons type thing, but that's kind of boring.

wordmama 03-12-2012 01:02 PM

What about a "fill a freezer" party and ask everyone to bring one meal and six of their favourite easy recipes? Or have them sign up to bring six meals in her first few months after baby is born! Chances are that she doesn't need much for baby, but could use some quick meals to keep her large family fed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

scrapandsewon 03-12-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordmama
What about a "fill a freezer" party and ask everyone to bring one meal and six of their favourite easy recipes? Or have them sign up to bring six meals in her first few months after baby is born! Chances are that she doesn't need much for baby, but could use some quick meals to keep her large family fed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

That is a really great idea!

Jessi621 03-12-2012 03:53 PM

Re: I need some baby shower ideas...

That is a cute idea, but there are only going to be about 4 or 5 of us there. Its a small group of friends, no family close by cause we're all military. The guest list is going to be small, but I still want to go all out on the decorations and games and stuff. I really want her to know that she's not the only one who thinks this baby is a blessing. I'm more stumped for decorating ideas, I guess I should have been a little more clear about that in my original post.

irishmama2 03-12-2012 05:08 PM

If you have access to her kids you can have them make art for decorations that she can later use for the babies room. Or have them personalize onesies and hang them on a clothes line as a banner. I also like the onesie idea for the shower. That way everyone gets to make something special for the babe.

mkekaty 03-12-2012 08:19 PM

I do mommy showers for moms having their 2+ child. My favorite has been a dresses and desserts shower, where all the guests get dressed up and bring their favorite dessert. The guests donate $ for the mom to get a pampered basket to include pedicure/haircut coupon, etc. Then the guests also give a card with a meal voucher for the fam. Super fun!

McMandy 03-13-2012 06:40 AM

Aw!!! That's so sweet of you! It was really a blessing for my friends to throw me a shower this time around (my 5th baby), so I'm pretty sure she will be thrilled with whatever you do!

You could bake cupcakes and hide a little plastic baby under the icing (push it into the cupcake before icing it) and whoever gets that cupcake wins a little prize. The kids might like to play a silly game of "pin the pacifier on the baby" or something like that. Food could be mini sized... Always fun!

It's really the little sweet gestures.... I am sure she will feel very loved!

KaylaJayne 03-13-2012 07:42 AM

I love the onsie idea - I've seen it at other showers... buy baby onsies in plain colors and puffy paints and have each guest decorate one!

Some of the phrases for the onsies could be

"I'm number 6"
"Special Six"

Jessi621 03-13-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishmama2 (Post 14792771)
If you have access to her kids you can have them make art for decorations that she can later use for the babies room. Or have them personalize onesies and hang them on a clothes line as a banner. I also like the onesie idea for the shower. That way everyone gets to make something special for the babe.

I LOVE the onsie idea. That's adorable, and practical:thumbsup: Thanks!

raisingcropsandbabies 03-14-2012 10:15 AM

For friends who have a bunch of little ones already, I've done:

Sip'n'Sees... it's like a tea and you do it after the baby is 3 weeks old or so. My friend wanted scrapbook stuff for her little one's scrapbook so I asked everyone to bring a little scrapbook bag to help preserve memories of #4. :)

Freezer Meal Shower: I put on invites "in lieu of gifts, bring 1-2 freezer meals for post-baby recovery". For favors, I cut slices of cake and freezer-proof them and label it "birthday cake. to be eaten when baby #... arrives."

Book Showers: I just did a Golden Books Shower for 2 friends (#4 and #5 babies) and asked everyone to bring a fav. children's book. I decorated all vintagey.

Diaper Shower: Milk and Cookies Diaper Shower for a 3rd baby.

Pamper Yourself Shower: Take a few gals and preggo moms and go get fancy pedicures and go out to eat. Ask mamas to bring "pampers" for the baby and celebrate while mama gets pampered as well. You could have a couple beauty college students come into the house and do it all at home...