Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you got you SON circumcised how.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366335)

Mamata3 03-13-2012 08:47 AM

How did you diaper? (BTW if you have some RUDE comments about how crule i am save it, i dont want drama) we are not finding out if baby is a boy or girl, but i was talking to hubby anout this last night so i wanted a heads up.
with my last we didnt use cloth until he was 6 months or so. When he had his done we had to put vassaline (sp) on it to keep it from sticking to the diapers. what do you do if you use cloth diapers?

And since some people just don't get it... I don't "NEED" or want your info non cicing, if I want that I will be sure to post a thread asking!

And for all you closed minded mamas out there. I do NOT care about protecting my cloth diapers, more then my baby. I care that if I have a boy and we circumcise him his parts do not stick to the diaper and cause him more pain! Not that I should have to explain myself to any close minded people anyway ;)

austinandashlynsmommy 03-13-2012 08:51 AM

Re: If you got you SON circumcised how..

We used a little Vaseline with our cloth diapers and never had a problem. (I used nb mutts) My boys healed very quickly and showed no discomfort from their circ.

3 ladybugs 03-13-2012 08:53 AM

We used disposables until our son was healed. It took about 2 weeks. Trust me I was chomping at the bit to get cloth on him too! I almost put him in a cloth one in the hospital before the deed was done just to see how he looked in it. :laugh:

Good luck! Also don't feel bad for doing this. We all have our reasons for making our choices that we make and we should be inclusive of them all. :D

Holly dolly 03-13-2012 08:56 AM

I didn't use cloth as a newborn. But I think you could use a thin fleece liner inside the diaper to protect it from the vaseline until it's healed.

Nerissa 03-13-2012 08:59 AM

I used sposies for the first two and if this next one is a boy (not really holding my breathe for a girl LOL!!) I plan on using cloth from the begining. PF, flats, or cotton workhorse and use vasaline/aquafor just like I did with the sposies. With the first two I did the vasaline and small piece of gauze. No issues what so ever. They both healed great. I haven't had any issues w/aquafor washing out of PF or flats when I have used it with DS2.

AnimalHouse 03-13-2012 09:45 AM

We used sposies until the circ healed, and the umbilical stump fell off... it was under 2 weeks with each baby. It was just easier for us.

But plenty of people use cloth... cover the penis with a vaseline guaze, and use a fleece or disposable liner in the cloth diaper.

Kimmyann 03-13-2012 10:00 AM

I just put a guaze pad between his diaper and his vasolined winky..

menthomas 03-13-2012 11:09 AM

just wanted to jump on and say that i used the gauze they gave at the hossy and some vasoline and never had any probs at all. plan on doing it again the same way!

3lilbubs 03-13-2012 11:12 AM

I was worried about the gauze being wet and keeping urine on him so I used aquaphor and some little squares of thin fleece I cut out to cover it and keep the diaper clean. I didn't get too much aquaphor on the dipes with that method and what did get on there washed right out.

nicolemariep 03-13-2012 12:41 PM

If it's a plasti-bell, you don't even have to use vaseline. Otherwise, a square of gauze should cover it.