Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   mold (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366536)

beachbabies0527 03-13-2012 02:37 PM

mold

Am I the only person that gets mold on there natural fibers when drying on a drying rack outside? I don't understand it! I get little pink dots that eventually turn dark?

2+2macht4 03-13-2012 02:39 PM

Re: mold

I have seen it before on here. How do you store dirty diapers. Most issues stem from dirty diaper storage.

I line dry and have never had mold issues from line drying.

beachbabies0527 03-13-2012 02:44 PM

We'll I just put them in a wetbag that's actually not wet you know. And wash every 2-3 days. In the winter I dry in the dryer and have no issues. But when its warm I want to dry outside. I have a standing drying rack with wood on the sides and plastic bars. I don't have a yard so this is on my little back patio? My son is eating solids now so when he has a poo I rinse in my laundry tub and lay there to dry then put it in the wet/dry bag. But I had this problem last summer and he was ebf and I just put it all in the wet/dry bag and washed it all?? I'm so frustrated I want to dry outside

beachbabies0527 03-13-2012 02:46 PM

Maybe I need a different drying rack. It has happened on my bges before I think cause the prices were not seperated enough?????? And it has happened on some sbish soakers and it just happened today eight my thirsties hemp prefold

beachbabies0527 03-13-2012 02:47 PM

On not eight. Please help its so discouraging

Jen's_4 03-13-2012 02:56 PM

I think maybe they need to get more air. Try leaving them in a more open enviornment like a pail maybe instead of the wetbag so they can get more air and spread them out more on the drying rack so the air can move more between them. You might try bleach every now and then to kill anything that could be making your problems worse. Hope you find something that helps soon!

beachbabies0527 03-13-2012 03:02 PM

Does a pail come with smell in the area? And can you recommend a pail and liner

lynn97 03-13-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen_batten
I think maybe they need to get more air. Try leaving them in a more open enviornment like a pail maybe instead of the wetbag so they can get more air and spread them out more on the drying rack so the air can move more between them. You might try bleach every now and then to kill anything that could be making your problems worse. Hope you find something that helps soon!

I agree that the wet bag probably isn't letting then get enough air. I'd also second bleaching them to kill existing mold.

jhays84 03-13-2012 03:07 PM

Do you ever add bleach to your wash? Maybe ever other week add a small amount to the wash. Also try washing sooner.

Jessica - Sent from my junky Ally phone.

mishy1210 10-08-2012 06:05 AM

any update? have you changed your drying routine?