Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PLEASE tell me all your best (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366920)

Joyful Tie Dyes 03-14-2012 10:21 AM

PLEASE tell me all your best

Morning sickness remedies!

SeaChellsRun 03-14-2012 11:31 AM

Re: PLEASE tell me all your best

Morning sickness is most often caused by dehydration and loss of minerals/vitamins because they're going to baby. I took Dr Wallach's Youngevity Tangy Tangerine and upped water and morning sickness went away. Last pregnancy I didn't know these things and fought the first couple months with ginger tea, sniffing peppermint and deep breathing! But they're only temp fixes :(

averysmom 03-14-2012 11:39 AM

This time around morning sickness has been pretty bad, worse than my other 3 pregnancies. I keep crackers and water on my bed side table and before I get out of bed I nibble on a cracker and it seems to help. Also, I try to eat LOTS of protein and drink lots of water between meals. I also try and eat a little something about every 2-3 hours, I don't want my tummy to be empty at all. My midwife reccomends taking Vitiman B6 for morning sickmess.

Feel better soon!!!

Elijah'sMama 03-14-2012 11:45 AM

:hide: zofran

froggymiamore 03-14-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah'sMama (Post 14801894)
:hide: zofran

exactly

eguisgirl 03-14-2012 11:48 AM

I am with Elijah'sMama. With DS#3 (age 4) I had nausea throughout my entire pregnancy and did take zofran when needed. :blush:

Otherwise:
ginger anything (but has to be real ginger)
increasing fluids/electrolytes
crackers before getting up
B6
B12
sea bands

I hope this passes quickly!!!

Elijah'sMama 03-14-2012 12:00 PM

yeah i gave in and requested the zofran script after 5 days of constant puking and not eating. i lost over 5 lbs and DS had to wean because i dried up :( . BUT it started working right away and i feel a million times better now. im NOT a fan of meds when preggo BUT you have to be able to take in nutrition for you and the LO.
My midwife also recommended B6 supplements.

EmmaGM 03-14-2012 12:24 PM

I went for the unisom before agreeing to take zofran. I still had my moments but it took the edge off and I was extremely anti-zofran.

I also took extra B6, drank a lot of ice water (numb stomach), snacked frequently, ate what I wanted not what was healthy, and sucked on a LOT of peppermint candies.

Sent from my Galaxy SII Skyrocket using DS Forum

Urchin 03-14-2012 12:48 PM

Gingerale and bolied ginger.

Also eating about 1/8-1/4 cup of sunflower seeds every day. They actually have vitamins in them to ease morning sickness. Worked very well for me!

bigmamakelsey 03-14-2012 01:17 PM

Ginger, ginger, ginger. Ginger suckers, raw ginger squares, ginger candy, ginger gum, ginger tea.
Having something high protein (like string cheese or a spoonful of peanut/nut butter) before bed helps too.
Keep crackers at your bedside.
Never let your stomach get too empty!
Don't eat anything that doesn't sound good. If you need to eat lasagna for breakfast and a bowl of cold cereal for dinner so be it:goodvibes: