Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Would you very part time cd a baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367620)

cokelush 03-15-2012 05:20 PM

Would you very part time cd a baby?

My daughter is due in sept. w/ baby #2 {I don't know if they will have #3 down the road or not} - I have granddaughter #1 two times a week so I expect I'll have the new baby the same unless the other g'pa can't handle a newbie and the toddler at the same time - then I might have the baby more.
BUT... my daughter isn't crunchy at all so will not be CDing the new baby.
If you were me would you bother CDing for 2 days a week? I would prob do prefolds/flats as I don't think I'd want to put a lot of $ into it for 2x/week.
{and will have to read up on them, I've been away from the forum for years I think lol - I made fitteds for granddaughter#1 but they never were used since the dad wasn't interested in having the baby CDed since sposies were so much easier}
And would prefolds/flats be a good idea for NB? Can you put wool soakers directly over them or do you have to cover w/ something else then soakers? {I want to knit woolies can you tell??? lol - I can make woolies for the sposies too tho'.} Baby #1 was almost 6lbs so I'm guessing this newbie just might be small too.

Thanks! and I'll be studying these forums. :goodvibes:

KB'sMama1031 03-15-2012 05:23 PM

Re: Would you very part time cd a baby?

personally, yes I would do it, prefolds are cheap and you wouldnt need many covers
you could definitely use wool as a cover as long as you lanolize it!

happysmileylady 03-15-2012 05:33 PM

If you are just doing it for the fun of it, then go for it. No reason not to part time cd like that if you are enjoying it-knitting up some woolies, etc.

But if you are doing it for any reason other than your own enjoyment, I wouldn't.

Mishie78 03-15-2012 05:38 PM

As long as she is ok with it then I would. Wouldn't want to cause a fight over two days a week ya know. My mom always says pick your battles carefully. If shes on board then go for it.

ServingHim 03-15-2012 05:39 PM

I would!

cokelush 03-15-2012 05:52 PM

Yeh, daughter wouldn't care as long as I didn't send the CDs home with her. lol.
With my first granddaughter I bought the sposies I used when I watched her so I thought this might save me some $ too. {the woolies I'd prob make regardless of which diapering method was used so the wool yarn we won't factor into cost either way - and we won't mention it to my dh. lol}

Is birdseye material okay? I know the gerber tri-folds I'd bought at wmart weren't very absorbent I didn't think? Indian prefolds better? or the bamboo? What is most absorbant... you all can spam me with shops if you'd like too and I'll take a look. Thanks!

thirdtimemomma 03-15-2012 05:56 PM

Go to GreenMountainDiapers.com and get some good quality ones. And with PF when your done you can use them for other things aorund the house.
But I would choose workhorse prefitteds instead if I were using wool. I mean if your doing it maybe your DD will catch on and do it too.

And lost of Moms work and CD basically a diaper or two at night and on the weekends so I think its totally worth it.

cokelush 03-15-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma (Post 14808759)
Go to GreenMountainDiapers.com and get some good quality ones. And with PF when your done you can use them for other things aorund the house.
But I would choose workhorse prefitteds instead if I were using wool. I mean if your doing it maybe your DD will catch on and do it too.

And lost of Moms work and CD basically a diaper or two at night and on the weekends so I think its totally worth it.

I was just looking on GMD. Why would your prefer the workhorse fitteds over PFs for wool? I was thinking the snappi thing might snag on wool but what are your thoughts. Thanks!

3ringcircus 03-15-2012 07:19 PM

I think it's totally do-able. I had small stashes with my last 2. Flats would be a great option so you wouldn't have to buy several sizes.

babynme8 03-15-2012 07:28 PM

Yes I would even if i's just two days a week think of all the diapers you would be saving from ending up in a landfill.