Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weird marks on DS's legs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367747)

MamaNae 03-15-2012 10:54 PM

Weird marks on DS's legs

My DS has 5 perfectly round little bruise like things on his legs. They're roughly the size of a pencil eraser. He has 4 on one leg and 1 on the other. They're all on his shin...the solo one on his right leg is a little closer to his knee.

He says they do not hurt or itch. They're the color of an old bruise (that dark greenish, skin tone color, kwim?) but I only noticed them today...and as far as I know no one has been stabbing him with pencil erasers LOL.

Any ideas??

UnderTheStars 03-15-2012 11:02 PM

Re: Weird marks on DS's legs

DS gets those all the time, I just assumed it was because he was clumsy and falls/runs in to things all the time.

majomama 03-15-2012 11:08 PM

Any siblings that may be grabbing him??

Miss_Mommy 03-16-2012 01:02 AM

I have a clumsy son who is always bumping into things and he gets tiny bruises like that all the time.

somo_chickenlady 03-16-2012 06:57 AM

My son is constantly covered in those bruises on his legs b/c he is super clumsy. ;) I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

MamaNae 03-16-2012 08:57 AM

Oh good! I wasn't completely panicked it just seemed so odd, the size and shape of them, they're perfectly round.

He gets bruises all the time because he's a klutz but usually they're more or less in proportion to whatever he managed to run into or trip over but he's never had multiple little bruises like this...they seriously look like someone stabbed him with a #2 (or from my extensive Law & order watching cigarette burns...minus the burn) lol so bizarre!!

hpfgirl 03-16-2012 11:15 AM

If he bruises easily, it could be just from pressing up against something too hard - like if he was leaning over something to reach.

bluedaisyma 03-16-2012 04:43 PM

my 21 mo old has these all the time on his shins. and the backs of his legs, but he runs into everything and rough houses with his dad and teen brothers so I figure that is what it is!

tward33556 03-16-2012 07:02 PM

Maybe impression bruises from falling onto lego blocks? They have little circles the size of an eraser sticking up?

tygr2410 03-16-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majomama (Post 14810150)
Any siblings that may be grabbing him??

my first thought was tiny grasping hands as well:thumbsup: