Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wearing maternity post baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367875)

Hands&Fire Pottery 03-16-2012 10:16 AM

Wearing maternity post baby?

I'm still wearing some maternity things 2 months after- wondering when I will be in regular clothes, but also thinking some of the things are pretty darn comfy...not sure I want to give them up:blush:

Zoethink 03-16-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Wearing maternity post baby?

I voted 6-12, but it's really only pajama pants (flannel, drawstring kind) that I am still wearing. I did wear my maternity yoga pants for 2-3 months pp. I didn't want to let them go either. :giggle:

knodceo 03-16-2012 11:29 AM

I kept wearing the shirts because they were cute and worked for nursing. The pants I stopped wearing at 6 weeks and went to yoga pants or buttons. They say buttoned pants are better to help move things back where they should go.

Most days I wear yoga though. I like my buttons shorts loose to begin with, nothing squeezing me in, that happened once I had my first baby. I think comfort trumps now.

tweety612 03-16-2012 11:32 AM

I voted 0-3, but still really only wore drawstring pants for quite a while. My fat jeans didn't even fit until a few months ago, even though I was at my pre-baby weight. It just seems all to have shifted and I don't think my hips are back down to their pre-baby size.

EmilyA874 03-16-2012 12:01 PM

I voted other. I still wear my yoga pants I wore during pregnancy (almost 12 months ago!), but they aren't specifically maternity yoga pants. I have to do the drawstring up quite a bit tighter now, but I still like them for around the house :goodvibes:

Jen's_4 03-16-2012 12:06 PM

I wear materinty stuff while nothing else fits. (sometimes longer than I would like!) But honestly, some of that stuff is SOOO comfortable I kind of wonder what it would be like if you wore it when you were not expecting. I also still have a nursing dress that I wear, and my youngest has been weaned for about a year.

joeslittlewoman 03-16-2012 12:19 PM

I put 3-6, but it is only key pieces like super long tanks and sweaters. Though I wear the pants and skirts for a while too. I look 9mos pregnant for at least a month pp because my body holds on to all the fluids for a long time. I leave the hospital as heavy or even heavier than I go in. And my babies are bigger...sucks, lol.

lilthunderfox 03-16-2012 12:25 PM

I voted 3-6 but I am revamping a lot of my maternity shirts into nursing tops which I will hopefully wear for a few years more. :)

Hands&Fire Pottery 03-16-2012 04:11 PM

I've drawn the line at maternity jeans, but yeah... the maternity sweats/yoga pants are so comfy, and the longer and looser knit shirts are great with nursing with a tank under. I do have some regular yoga type pants that work too, but they are what I wore at the beginning of the pregnancy. Hopefully my old jeans will work at some point- I haven't even bothered to try them on yet.

And shorts... well, not sure what is going to work there:(

JustSomeChickVee 03-16-2012 04:18 PM

i ditched my maternity clothing as soon as i didn't have that after birth preggo look. i just hated maternity clothing lol.