Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Looking for cheap spandex "biker" shorts for DD to wear under skirts (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368076)

DesertRat 03-16-2012 08:36 PM

Looking for cheap spandex "biker" shorts for DD to wear under skirts

DD will only wear skirts and dresses. With kindergarten coming up, I'd like to have her wear spandex shorts to keep her modest on the playground. Normally I won't spend more than a few bucks per item of clothing on my kids (thrift store shopper here!) so I want to get them as cheap as possible.

Any ideas?

tygr2410 03-16-2012 09:08 PM

Re: Looking for cheap spandex "biker" shorts for DD to wear under skirts

try childrens place (and they come in cotton:thumbsup:)

s@hmommy 03-16-2012 09:20 PM

They have a good assortment at childrens place and you can usually find a good discount code. They are kinda thin, so I'm not sure how well they are going t hold up though. I'm not too worried seeing how little I paid for them though.

booth2490 03-17-2012 12:24 PM

Last summer I got DD a few pairs of leggings from the goodwill and shortened to just above knee length to wear under dresses. If you can sew, it's pretty easy, even w/o a serger.

For some reason all the shorts for her size were really short! But that's another thread.

tallanvor 03-17-2012 04:33 PM

Children's Place was th first thing that popped into my head, too. I don't normally shop there, preferring to buy second hand, but I was just there last week and they have shorts for going under skirts, and they also have capri leggings.

EmilytheStrange 03-17-2012 05:38 PM

Today at babyhalfoff they have some nice ones.

NATTYBATSMOM 03-18-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booth2490 (Post 14815755)
Last summer I got DD a few pairs of leggings from the goodwill and shortened to just above knee length to wear under dresses. If you can sew, it's pretty easy, even w/o a serger.

For some reason all the shorts for her size were really short! But that's another thread.

Is is possible to do if you are a beginning sewer? I have yet to find shorts but I will not buy DD anymore tights. She wears them ONCE and ruins them. She needs SOMETHING though to wear under her dresses when she goes to church. No Children's Place near here and I haven't seen much in the way of shorts out at all in the stores. Only bike shorts I've seen are at Target and they're of similar material to tights. Not quite what I'm looking for.

~Laura~ 03-18-2012 05:09 PM

Old Navy is where I got DD's cheaper ones. Target has had them before too.
My DD wears only skirts so I've tried a lot. :giggle:

ralenth 03-18-2012 06:30 PM

I've gotten inexpensive cotton ones at Walmart, Target, and Kohls. I am always on the lookout for the same reason (my DD wears primarily dresses, and I want her to be able to play). Walmart ones don't hold up as well, but she never wears them as regular shorts, only under her dress, so I've found it doesn't matter as much...

I will have to check out Children's Place. I had not seen them there...

tallanvor 03-18-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM (Post 14819796)
Is is possible to do if you are a beginning sewer? I have yet to find shorts but I will not buy DD anymore tights. She wears them ONCE and ruins them. She needs SOMETHING though to wear under her dresses when she goes to church. No Children's Place near here and I haven't seen much in the way of shorts out at all in the stores. Only bike shorts I've seen are at Target and they're of similar material to tights. Not quite what I'm looking for.

You could buy from Children's Place online, but if you do, be aware they have slow shipping.