Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Easy breakfasts for a 1yr old? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368193)

MaterofJacob 03-17-2012 07:42 AM

Easy breakfasts for a 1yr old?

So I've been resorting to either a bagel and cream cheese or a piece of bread with cream cheese for a little while now. DS loves it and it doesn't take much effort for my zombie-morning-mode self. Well this morning he discovered that he can just lick all of the cream cheese off his bagel and then he doesn't want the bagel part. Ugh. Seriously kid? You can't just eat cream cheese for breakfast! So does anyone have recommendations for easy breakfasts for a 1yr old? If it involves serious cooking but can be frozen in batches that would still work. As long as the serving part doesn't require much brain activity lol TIA!! :thumbsup:

Bethany89 03-17-2012 07:44 AM

Pancakes... Make a large batch, freeze and then pop in the toaster in the morning. Very simple and can be done half awake lol

babylove921 03-17-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Easy breakfasts for a 1yr old?

We do pancakes, sausage, biscuit and gravy, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, applesauce/fruits in the squeeze packages...

bluedaisyma 03-17-2012 08:08 AM

yogurt, cereal, fruit, PB toast...

Bellamoon 03-17-2012 08:13 AM

my ds is 13 months today. He will only eat one thing at breakfast time, a banana and a handful of cheerios! Super easy!

songbird516 03-17-2012 08:24 AM

I make oatmeal and put an egg yolk (local eggs!) and butter in it, and a little bit of honey and vanilla. tastes yummy and has lots of good nutrition with the butter and egg yolk. She has that almost every morning.

Eggs are really healthy, and especially keeping the yolk runny makes them easy to digest and keeps all the nutrition readily available.

Jules2452 03-17-2012 09:20 AM

scrambled eggs really only take a min to make and cook. sliced cheese and fresh fruit like pears, banana etc. try a piece of toast with just a little butter then like cheese and applesauce on the side. Whole grain eggo waffles are good too even without butter or syrup.

weaverk 03-17-2012 09:35 AM

we do cereal, lots of hot cereals like oatmeal, sticky rice, coco wheats, pancakes and waffles that have been made and frozen, english muffin with peanut butter..lots of good options that are fast and easy:thumbsup:

jenncatsmeow 03-17-2012 11:03 AM

--homemade granola bars with yogurt
--waffles (I make a huge batch almost every Sunday and what we don't eat, we freeze and eat during the week.)
--string cheese and a handful of grapes
--oatmeal with dried fuit mixed in

jenncatsmeow 03-17-2012 11:04 AM

cottage cheese w/ applebutter