Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Newbie wondering trimmest cloth option? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368285)

dizzy_lizard 03-17-2012 12:29 PM

Newbie wondering trimmest cloth option?

I'm new to cloth diapering, but have found out quickly I don't prefer the fluff! I can't fit my 6 month old DD in her regular-sized pants with a fluffy butt! In your opinion--what is the trimmest cloth option available?

NorwexMa 03-17-2012 12:37 PM

Re: Newbie wondering trimmest cloth option?

I know it's 'old fashioned', but of all I tried, I like flats with a thirsites duo or econobum cover.
I started CDing when DS was a lil over a year and walking. Prefolds were too bulky and didn't fit him right and took a while to dry. I also tried a gdaiper- not bad, but for heavy wetters or older ones, you would need a thicker/more insert. The bumgenius pockets were ok, but still not as trim as flats.

mibarra 03-17-2012 12:41 PM

The trimmest fabrics will be hemp or bamboo. Sized is usually trimmer than one size, a nice compromise is a two size system, such as Thirsties, and I think a few others (maybe ones and twos, and applecheeks?) I find Bububibi pockets to be VERY trim and inexpensive. I also love my Grovia's with a hemp or bamboo insert instead of the organic cotton. :)

dizzy_lizard 03-17-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorwexMa (Post 14815990)
I know it's 'old fashioned', but of all I tried, I like flats with a thirsites duo or econobum cover.
I started CDing when DS was a lil over a year and walking. Prefolds were too bulky and didn't fit him right and took a while to dry. I also tried a gdaiper- not bad, but for heavy wetters or older ones, you would need a thicker/more insert. The bumgenius pockets were ok, but still not as trim as flats.

If using flats, do you fold them to use like an insert inside the cover or do you wrap around baby, use a snappi and then a cover?

Bentley'sMomma 03-17-2012 12:53 PM

Gdiapers are the trimmest of all the systems I've tried. But I agree with pp that they are not ideal for heavy wetters.

dizzy_lizard 03-17-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bentley'sMomma (Post 14816051)
Gdiapers are the trimmest of all the systems I've tried. But I agree with pp that they are not ideal for heavy wetters.

I do have some gDiapers...DD is too big for smalls and mediums aren't the best fit right now. Do you use the actual gDiaper inserts or do you use something different?

Lammy 03-17-2012 01:10 PM

My son is a heavy wetter and the babykicks 3g one size pocket diaper work great for him and are very trim. The only downside is that because they are so narrow they can be hard to stuff.He can wear them under blue jeans though and the leg casings are very soft - which is important because he has sensitive skin.

Kelly3139 03-17-2012 01:14 PM

The trimmest thing I have found is a Fuzzibunz One-Size stuffed with a small Thirsties Hemp Insert (55% hemp/45% cotton). This insert is fast absorbing so its ok to stuff alone the insert is also super absorbant. If you have a heavy wetter you may consider a large insert.

Mom21 03-17-2012 01:17 PM

My favorites are Best Bottoms followed by pad folded flats in covers. Both are a trim fit on my 3 month old.

Mom21 03-17-2012 01:18 PM

I forgot about the Thirsties hemp blend inserts - they're super trim!