Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Avent ISIS iQ DUO Pump? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368377)

sunyflwr 03-17-2012 04:53 PM

Avent ISIS iQ DUO Pump?

I did post this in the Pumping Support forum, but wanted to get some more eyes on my question. I hope that is ok!

What do you ladies know about the Avent ISIS iQ DUO Electric Breast Pump? I have a Medela Swing that my cousin gave me...but it has gone through two babies now (her DD and my DD). The Swing was fine for me, since I only work two days a week, and didn't go back to work until DD was 6 mo old. I probably will do something similar work-wise with this babe again (due in May). But anyway, my BIL & SIL are selling their Avent pump which she only used infrequently for a month - max. They are asking $150 on Craigslist and said they would come down to $125 for me. I have never really heard of anyone that had an Avent before...

Lanasmom 03-17-2012 07:16 PM

Re: Avent ISIS iQ DUO Pump?

This is the only pump I could use with success. I got NO milk with my medela pumps but with this pump I was able to pump 3X a day at work for my DS for an entire year. He was breastfed until 17 months.

gigismomma 03-17-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanasmom (Post 14817394)
This is the only pump I could use with success. I got NO milk with my medela pumps but with this pump I was able to pump 3X a day at work for my DS for an entire year. He was breastfed until 17 months.

ditto just about all of this.
I love my isis duo! I found it much more comfortable than the medela, and I was also able to get much more milk from my Avent. I exclusively pumped my DD for a year with the Avent.......it held up just fine and I thought the suction was more than adequate. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

$125 is a good price. The duo is a completely closed system, so it is one pump I would buy used......especially from someone I knew.

sunyflwr 03-17-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigismomma

$125 is a good price. The duo is a completely closed system, so it is one pump I would buy used......especially from someone I knew.

I just noticed I can get a brand new Avent double electric from Walmart for $170. I wonder why the price went down so much? My ILs said they bought theirs for nearly $300 two years ago.

gigismomma 03-17-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunyflwr (Post 14817558)
I just noticed I can get a brand new Avent double electric from Walmart for $170. I wonder why the price went down so much? My ILs said they bought theirs for nearly $300 two years ago.

wow, that is cheap! I bought mine for $300 nearly 3 years ago. Maybe if they knew it was selling at Walmart for $170 right now, they might even give it to you much cheaper.

sunyflwr 03-17-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

wow, that is cheap! I bought mine for $300 nearly 3 years ago. Maybe if they knew it was selling at Walmart for $170 right now, they might even give it to you much cheaper.

I wish. BIL is saying price is firm since he would have to ship it to me. And since SIL barely used it.

Wondering though if the new Avents are different from yours and SILs since yours are older...

gigismomma 03-17-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunyflwr (Post 14817634)
I wish. BIL is saying price is firm since he would have to ship it to me. And since SIL barely used it.

Wondering though if the new Avents are different from yours and SILs since yours are older...

Gosh, I don't know......I just looked at walmart's site and it looks exactly the same. I may have gotten a few more bottles/accessories with mine, but not enough to make a difference. I would be tempted just to buy a new one at that price! I think your BIL will have a hard time selling it for $150 to someone else when people can order a new one for $170.

boilerbebeRN 03-17-2012 08:20 PM

I have one and loved it when I used it. The suction is super strong. In fact its stronger than my Medela pump. I'm not wilting anymore and hardly ever pumping so my hubby says I need I sell one of the pumps. The Avent I have is in EEEUC. I would sell it to you for $100 shipped if you're interested. I have pix. Still in original box with everything it came with including DVD an storage cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

sunyflwr 03-17-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Gosh, I don't know......I just looked at walmart's site and it looks exactly the same. I may have gotten a few more bottles/accessories with mine, but not enough to make a difference. I would be tempted just to buy a new one at that price! I think your BIL will have a hard time selling it for $150 to someone else when people can order a new one for $170.

Yeah, that is how I feel...I'd rather just buy a brand new one. Even if hers was barely used, it still is over 2 yrs old. Walmart's listing of the pump doesn't call it an ISIS iQ though. Maybe I'll have to call Avent and see what they say.

boilerbebeRN 03-17-2012 09:05 PM

My post should say I'm not WORKING anymore (wilting?? really, autocorrect?!?!). :) Haha!