Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you were full-term and started losing your mucous plug before labor.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368703)

songbird516 03-18-2012 02:08 PM

If you were full-term and started losing your mucous plug before labor..

How long was it before labor actually started? With my daughter I didn't lose it until after labor began, so this is new to me. Also she was born at 40 weeks, but this time I'm 6 days overdue! Baby is at 0 station and I'm 75% effaced and 3-4cm dilated as of yesterday, but of course that stuff doesn't mean THAT much.

I had some contractions last night, but they fizzled out. I would love to think that maybe this baby will be born tonight! I'm thinking that it's a good sign that I'm losing the plug, but I was wondering what others' experiences are with it.

bezark 03-18-2012 02:10 PM

I've been losing mine for a little more than a week and I'm still not in labor. :(

DalesWidda 03-18-2012 02:13 PM

Re: If you were full-term and started losing your mucous plug before labor..

About a week and a half or so, maybe longer.

songbird516 03-18-2012 02:15 PM

lol. see these were not the answers I wanted to hear!

kej 03-18-2012 02:31 PM

A couple of weeks for me.

CherryPie 03-18-2012 02:45 PM

My bloody show plug came out when I woke up and peed and he was born shortly before midnight that same day. As for non-bloody plugs, those regenerate so they don't tell much re: labor.

tygr2410 03-18-2012 02:48 PM

3 or 4 days of brownish/red streaked...but mostly following a membrane sweep (last one at 4pm, baby born just after midnight...i think if it's time, it works!)

songbird516 03-18-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryPie (Post 14820123)
My bloody show plug came out when I woke up and peed and he was born shortly before midnight that same day. As for non-bloody plugs, those regenerate so they don't tell much re: labor.

Yeah it was streaky- that's what makes me feel good about it! I'm glad that someone went into labor the same day; it gives me hope! I did not have a membrane sweep, but my midwife did do some cervical accupressure to nudge things along.

2much2luv 03-18-2012 02:52 PM

Hang in there:hugs: With this last baby I started losing it a week and a couple of days before baby was born.

songbird516 03-18-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2much2luv (Post 14820145)
Hang in there:hugs: With this last baby I started losing it a week and a couple of days before baby was born.

Lol! But I'm 6 days overdue and my mom won't leave until he's born! I am tired of cooking for everyone and ready to get taken care of. Haha.