Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Another Baby Name Post (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369723)

sdodge 03-20-2012 02:22 PM

Another Baby Name Post

So, DH and I are currently TTC (hoping this month is it!) and haven't figured out a name yet (yes, I am a planner if you can't tell, lol). Anyways, with all of our kids, they have one family name and/or a Biblical name. Our kids so far:

Jacob Richard (Adopted, so we did not choose his first name, but changed his middle name for a family name and Jacob just happens to fit in our "Biblical" theme.

Nicholas Jonathon (again adopted, so the first name was set. Jonathon is both Biblical and a family name)

Asher Timothy (Bio. son) and

Moriah Faith (bio. daughter).

So, we like names that are not super common but not too weird that meet the criteria above.:thumbsup:

Our girl name will probably be Eliana Laurann (Laurann after both grandma's. Eliana is a Hebrew OT word), but not totally set.

Our boy name...we are stuck. So, give it your best shot. I would *like* the middle name to be Clayton after grandpa's...

You can suggest girl names too as ours it not set in stone! :goodvibes:

zacifer 03-20-2012 02:33 PM

Re: Another Baby Name Post

I'm currently trying to push Judah for this little one's middle name if its a boy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the story of Judah. Poor Leah was unloved and with her first 3 sons, she named them based on what she hoped the boy would bring to her and Jacob's marriage. For example, Levi means to cling to as she hoped that now, after a 3rd boy, Jacob would cling to her finally. But alas, no child made Jacob love her. So when she birthed her 4th boy, instead of wanting him to do something for her and her marriage, she just simply praised God for making him. She named him Yawah be praised.....Judah. And from the tribe of Judah, and the blood line of an unloved woman, came Christ! How amazing is that?! Plus, Judah would go well with your son since he too is named for one of the tribes of Israel.

sdodge 03-20-2012 02:50 PM

I really like Judah, but there is a little boy at church with the name (as is LOTS of other Biblical names, lol!) So, I would prefer a name that no one else has that we know! :thumbsup: Our boy name with Moriah was Micaiah (Mick-eye-uh) and we would call him Cai, but not thinking we should have a Moriah and Micaiah...

booth2490 03-20-2012 06:31 PM

We waited until the u/s to find out boy or girl, at least it makes for half the work of thinking of names. But, we liked biblical names, too. I think we're going with Eli for this little guy, mn not set yet.

I also liked Malacai, Cai for short. Nathan or Nathaniel, Micah, and Joel we liked. I also like Joshua, but I have a step brother and BIL with that name.

Anna0623 03-21-2012 10:46 AM

We have doen Bible names for both of lo's my DD is Talitha mark 5 when Jesus raises the little girl front he dead he says Talith cumin it means young girl a term of endearment so kind of like saying precious young girl. For DS his name is Manasseh and it means forget full, found in Genesis Joseph named his 1st son Manasseh to forget his past and move on with the future. If we have another boy we will name him Aquila, if the next is a girl her name will Bethsaida, but I also like Bethesda. We not even TTCing right now but have had most of these names from when DH and I were dating.