Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   constipation and c sections (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369937)

wyoming butterfly 03-20-2012 10:04 PM

constipation and c sections

Were you constipated and how long did it last? What did you do to help?

Cdra 03-20-2012 11:41 PM

I had a bm 3 days after my csection. My dr gave me stool softners to help.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 03-20-2012 11:44 PM

Re: constipation and c sections

They make you go before your released here from the hospital. They give you colace 2x/day and if that don't help, you get some nasty Maalox I think it was called, sour nasty stuff in a small brown container..yuck
They also send you home with colace to take 2x/day for 14 days. If your dr didn't give you an rx, call and ask for one.

masja 03-20-2012 11:52 PM

First c-section they didn't give me anything for constipation (they loaded me up on T3's with codeine) and I didn't have a BM till about a week after.
Last c-section I made sure to bring Metamucil to the hospital with me and I had no issues going. I'll be doing the same thing this time, as the T3's really bung u up!

raisingcropsandbabies 03-21-2012 04:08 AM

I was put on colace-stool softener that went along with all my other meds for recovery. I went 4 days after my c-section. Not all places make sure you have a bm before leaving. Most make sure you can pass gas most definitely though!

becky1231 03-21-2012 06:42 AM

I never had to have a BM before I left the hospital with either of my c sections with my first one though I did beg for some relief 2 days after my c section because I was in so much pain and soooooooooo bloated so they gave me a suppository in the hospital and that worked right away but with my last c section it was about 6 days and a ton of stool softeners Metamucil and apple juice

ChocoChoco 03-21-2012 06:47 AM

It took me 5 days. They tried to make it happen in the hospital with softeners and a prune cocktail, but no luck. I remember being pretty scared going so long and factoring in the incision tenderness.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

png_lovebirds 03-21-2012 09:23 AM

I've always had my first BM at around 2.5 days post Csection. I normally prep the system by taking Colace the week before the Csection. And I've always been given Colace each day while in the hospital(by the nurse).

Oh and they just wanted me to pass gas to leave the hospital!

kcanstef 03-21-2012 09:26 AM

they gave me stole softner but hurt babies bellly made them gasy so an older nurse told me drink alot of pure apple juice and it worked great! :)

aries416 03-21-2012 10:14 AM

I had the worst time of this after both of my kids. They didn't start giving me colace in the hospital until day 2 post op. I was not in good shape. I had to use glycerin suppositories and Miralax the second time because I was so miserable. They told me no fiber in the hospital :(.

Next time, I am getting the miralax and starting it as soon as I can eat again. I thought my incision was going to burst open both times. Not fun!