Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Name Help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370215)

SeaChellsRun 03-21-2012 02:19 PM

Name Help

Years ago I changed my name to Rachelle, Chelly for short. Well Chelly stuck and on paper that's my name, not Rachelle. DD's middle name is Rachelle. DH likes the name enough that he wants to name this LO Rachelle, Rae for short.

The problems I see is that we gave DD a unique name that we invented so not only would DD2 not get a unique name but she would have her older sister's middle name. I'm paranoid that she could end up being like my little sister who was/is insanely jealous no matter what I do/say. If she had my middle name I think she may feel like she was handed seconds. But being that it's MY name first, I could tell DD2 that she was named after me.

No big deal or start looking at alternatives?

If LO is a boy we both really like Kyburz, Ky for short. Kyburz is a special place to DH & I. DH grew up camping there and he often took me camping there as well as proposed to me in the middle of the river there! (What's with men proposing in places that if the ring is dropped it's lost forever?!) I like the name and like the nickname but today I put it with the last name and well... Our last name begins with "s". So together it would sound like his name were Kybur unless a good pause is put between the names. Again... deal breaker?

Not concerned about teasing as 1. We will homeschool 2. We will be living internationally so unless there's a name that's offense or crazy in another language then it doesn't really matter.

Here's what we have on the lists so far....

Girls:
Azrielle
Amariah
Rachelle (Rae)
Aaleyah/Aaliyah
Aloisa
Eliana
Liviya - second choice
Azaryah

Boys:
Moses (DH likes but I don't)
Elisha
Kyburz (Ky)
AMEDEO
Malachi (Ky)
NICODEMUS (Nicco)
GIACOBBE (DH likes Josh and I gave him this one, it's the closest I get:lostit:)
Dagan (Dag)
- I don't know why I like this one so much! But I'm sure DH would only go for it should he be our 5th son :giggle:

nikkibreeze 03-21-2012 02:59 PM

Re: Name Help

Your LO would have a special name since it is yours as well and the sisters may even like having linked names. Maybe use your eldest's first name as a middle name for this one. It may just be me, but I think that sounds neat. As far as Kybur with an S, If you are already intending to call him Ky, then it would sound like Kys....

zacifer 03-21-2012 03:25 PM

Well, I have an older sis who is jealous of me constantly. Don't ask me why. If I was given her middle name as my first, she would make comments about how they just loved her name so much they had to use it again. Now, of course we think "our girls will never be like that" but I guess you never know. I think I'd vote for giving her her own identity. What about using your 2nd choice, Liviya, and giving her Chelly or Rae as her middle name? So you could still tell her its linked to you (especially Chelly), but the sister's wouldn't be super tied to the same exact name.

Liviya Chelly
Liviya Rae

I personally think Liviya Chelly sounds more unique and beautiful!

hpfgirl 03-21-2012 03:41 PM

I sure like Aloisa. I have Eloise on my list, but dh nixed it.